Notifications
Clear all

set up for soundmondo

2 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Eminent Member
Topic starter

shortly I will be trying to load soundmondo on my computer. just a couple of questions. it says to use the latest OS version on the modx. I don't think there has been an upgrade yet, but how do I go about displaying the OS version on my keyboard. secondly it says to make sure the modx is set to use USB as midi/out. once I do this to the keyboard, do I just leave the settings this way when I am finished with soundmondo, or do I have to do this everytime I visit sou ndmondo.

Posted : 04/01/2019 2:36 pm
Bad Mister

shortly I will be trying to load soundmondo on my computer. just a couple of questions. it says to use the latest OS version on the modx. I don't think there has been an upgrade yet, but how do I go about displaying the OS version on my keyboard.

Press [UTILITY]
Touch “Settings” > “System”
The current firmware is shown across the bottom — version 1.10.x

secondly it says to make sure the modx is set to use USB as midi/out. once I do this to the keyboard, do I just leave the settings this way when I am finished with soundmondo, or do I have to do this everytime I visit sou ndmondo.

Only you can answer this question. It’s a setting you make whenever you need to execute communication Out via MIDI.
In order to back up your car, you put it in reverse.... do you need to leave this way when you finish backing up? Or do you have to do this every time you want to back up? Same thing. Set as you desire. Only you know if you want to continue go in reverse, go to Park, or switch to Drive.

The HOME screen will always alert you to how this parameter is set. Along the very top of screen, just to the right of the little keyboard icon is either a 5-pin MIDI icon, or a three pronged USB icon. They glow blue when active (connected), they remain grey when not connected. You can touch it to immediate go to the UTILITY screen to make your QUICK SETUP settings. When you wish to use the 5-pin MIDI OUT, you can touch MIDI I/O and make the setting you require.

Posted : 04/01/2019 3:52 pm
Share:

© 2024 Yamaha Corporation of America and Yamaha Corporation. All rights reserved.    Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact Us