Clear all

Sound downloads

11 Posts
6 Users
0 Likes
 Ian
Topic starter

Hi
I’m sure there is a simple answer to this that I have missed. I can’t seem to find where to download additional sound libraries for my MODX. I get as far as selecting the free of charge library, go to cart and check out. It says that the product will be shipped to me at the address shown but I can’t see a download option. Anyone know where I can find this please?
Thanks

Posted : 15/12/2020 6:30 am

Classic question... You find the download links in "My Library" in column "Title". I wouldn't be surprised if you're wondering how to navigate to "My Library". At the right top you find your name and just to the right a tiny symbol. You might ask yourself what this strange icon should mean, but once you click on it there's a pop-up that let's you navigate to "My Account". The rest is obvious. Have fun with the give-aways.

Posted : 15/12/2020 7:36 am
 Ian
Topic starter

Perfect answer Michael!
Wish I’d asked 2 weeks ago?
Thanks for your help!

Posted : 15/12/2020 8:18 am

You're welcome, Ian. The user interface of the Yamaha US shop is a bit akward to say the least 🙁 .

Posted : 15/12/2020 11:25 am
Jason
Illustrious Member

... although not the worst initiation into the general Yamaha user experience. With the website and keyboard user interface there are parallels in ease-of-use. A lot of, seemingly unnecessarily, "once you know, it's easy". It's getting to the the "knowing" part that's the trick. Hang in there. You'll find the forum generally has you covered.

Posted : 15/12/2020 1:46 pm
 rudy

Here's some info on the subject. Also I had expected some instructions or a link in the email, but they leave you in the dark.

https://yamahamodxfaq.wordpress.com/2020/12/07/10-install-sound-libraries/

Posted : 15/12/2020 9:15 pm
 Wes

Yep, I had pretty much the same experience a couple of weeks ago. I've always been a Yamaha, but I have to agree with Jason regarding the user experience sometimes. But Yamaha software is so darned logical once you get to know it. And deep. Luckily there's Bad Mr. and Blake and a bunch of knowlegable people here on the forum. And Howard Massey--nobody explains FM synthesis more clearly than that guy does.

Posted : 16/12/2020 12:28 am
Eminent Member

When Yamaha decided to release all Genos expansion packs for free a couple of months ago, it was a real mess. The server was so overloaded that that it took me almost a month to download all expansions.

The free MODX sound libraries that you are discussing now, is it the libraries that can be found here?

Posted : 16/12/2020 4:26 pm
 rudy

Not quite sure how you get to 6, but yes, most come from there. There's also one on the Yamaha website download page and the $99 Bosendorfer is also free with a promo code after you register your Montage / MODX. All is shown is this video:
https://yamahamodxfaq.wordpress.com/2020/12/07/10-install-sound-libraries/

Posted : 16/12/2020 4:35 pm
Eminent Member

I realized that not all of them was for the MODX. Thanks for the tip about the Bosendorfer 😀

Posted : 16/12/2020 5:57 pm
 Ian
Topic starter

Thanks for all your messages! ??
Nice to know that there are people ready to support the newbies and pass on the knowledge. This is all new to me and quite a considerable learning curve but I do feel I’m gradually making some progress ?

Posted : 16/12/2020 11:10 pm
Share:

© 2024 Yamaha Corporation of America and Yamaha Corporation. All rights reserved.    Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact Us