Clear all

Sound/Arp Design tip - Fox on the Run

3 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
 Jim
Topic starter

Hello,

New MODX owner here hoping for some guidance.

I'm looking for help to recreate the intro sound to Fox On The Run By Sweet:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kRv7EjjwYBI

My idea was to try to find a simple repeating 16th note arp pattern - based on a square wave pattern - and then use the superknob to alter the lfo/resonance effect.. or would it be simpler just to use the assignable knobs?

Any assistance is greatly appreciated.

Thank you in advance

Posted : 11/07/2019 2:51 am
Jason
Illustrious Member

Assignable knobs are easier because there's more of them if you need more than one parameter to move in an unrelated pattern to another.
Superknob is easier because it doesn't change modes. Where the assignable knobs do - so you need to be sure the knobs are in the right mode to use the specific ones you want. Superknob never changes personalities - so it's easier to deal with in that respect.

I would probably try to get this to work by using motion sequence to automate the pitch and and an LFO for envelope manipulation. So I can just hit a key and the sound would basically do what the record does without my having to turn knobs, push buttons, or move sliders beyond the initial strike.

Posted : 12/07/2019 10:22 am
 Jim
Topic starter

Thanks Jason !

Hadn't thought of trying that way - will give it a go!

Posted : 15/07/2019 12:27 am
Share:

© 2024 Yamaha Corporation of America and Yamaha Corporation. All rights reserved.    Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact Us