Synth Forum

Notifications
Clear all

SoundMondo Not Syncing To MODX

7 Posts
4 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter

I've been able to successfully download sounds from SoundMondo to my MODX several times in the past, but I am now unable to do that. I have the latest version of Google Chrome, and on my MODX I have MIDI IN/OUT set to USB and Receive Bulk Protect is off. It says I'm connected, but whenever I click on Sync, nothing happens. As I said, I've been able to do this in the past, but not anymore. And the only thing that has changed is I recently updated the firmware on the MODX to version 2.00.1. Does anyone know if that firmware update somehow disables syncing with SoundMondo? Or if that's not the case, then does anyone know what the problem might be? Thanks!

Posted : 18/11/2019 7:32 am
Jason
Illustrious Member

There are reports from those with MODX v2.0 (short for 2.00.1) that claim no issues with Soundmondo.

If you have Windows, you should see a date and time in the lower-right of your screen. To the left of that is an icon that looks like a speaker. Hover your mouse pointer over that speaker. What does it say?

You can also click on this icon which will show a volume slider but above that is the device name of your driver. What does that say? All the characters and dashes and numbers.

If there's a "1-" before the letters (or 2-, or 3-, etc..) then you should remove your Yamaha Steinberg USB Driver and reinstall. Even if you're using the latest version already - you'll just want to uninstall and reinstall. If you have an older version of the drivers - it may be a good time to upgrade to the latest.

Your details don't say Mac or Windows - so I assumed Windows which generally has the most problems with this.

However, Mac "recently" had an OS upgrade. That upgrade fouled up the drivers for a month or so before new drivers were released. Nov 12th 2019 new drivers were released (v2.0.2). Available here: https://www.steinberg.net/en/support/downloads_hardware/yamaha_steinberg_usb_driver.html and probably other places too.

Make sure you login to Soundmondo using your soundmondo user account.

There can be other problems too. Plenty of threads on the various gotchas. I'll leave it here for now.

Posted : 18/11/2019 10:41 am
Topic starter

Thanks so much for your response Jason. I'm actually using a Mac, however I have not yet upgraded to Catalina. I'm still running Mojave 10.14.6. I did download and install the latest Steinberg driver from the link you provided, and I am signed into my SoundMondo account. But I'm still unable to download any sounds into my MODX. As I said, it was working fine before, so I'm not sure what the problem is. Thanks again for your response!

Posted : 20/11/2019 7:22 am
Eminent Member

Hi to all... I've the same problem with Soundmondo app on Ipad. It connect correctly but doesn't download any sound... A messagebox show:
"This sound cannot be transmitted since data is created with an instrument with later firmware, Please download the latest firmware from the product page and update the instrument"

... but I already installed 2.0 version!!!

Posted : 17/12/2019 2:32 pm
Bad Mister

Which sound?

Posted : 17/12/2019 4:14 pm
Eminent Member

I've tried many (jazz split, Fingered steel etc ..) but it doesn't work with any sound

Posted : 17/12/2019 4:19 pm
Eminent Member

The MODX connection icon on soundmondo (ipad) is green, so connection is successful. The connection is made via USB HOST -> lightning. I don't know if, in this case, it will be necessary to modifty any modx midi parameter (although I haven't changed anything). I don't know what to think ... the RX parameters on the modx work otherwise they wouldn't even receive any program changes from Forscore ...

Posted : 17/12/2019 4:28 pm
Share:

© 2024 Yamaha Corporation of America and Yamaha Corporation. All rights reserved.    Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact Us