Notifications
Clear all

soundmondo with modx

10 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
Eminent Member
Topic starter

a week ago i was able to connect and sync to the soundmondo website with my modx synth. i went away for a week and now i'm trying again and it says it's connected and it has a sync button but everytime i pick a synth and press sync nothing happens then to be sure i press save and nothing happens.

i have the correct drivers because it was working before and i have the current version of the firmware 1.10.0 for my modx, i've uninstalled and reinstalled chrome, i've cleaned the cache for chrome, i'm not sure what to do at the moment.

please help

Posted : 23/01/2019 10:36 pm
Bad Mister

Sorry you are having issues with Soundmondo... just FYI, only press SAVE when you are posting your own new data to Soundmondo. Save will either post your current sound as Public or keep it local as Private.

Clicking SYNC should download a sound from the site to your instruments Edit Buffer. You can click on any MONTAGE/MODX posting. You may have caught the site in some kind of construction period as they add CP88/CP73 to the family of Yamaha products that can upload/download sounds to this international share site.

Hopefully, it is a temporary issue.

Posted : 24/01/2019 12:23 am
Jason
Illustrious Member

Have you unplugged MODX from USB compared to the last session when Soundmondo was working? Did you plug MODX back into the same USB port on your computer?

If you're using Windows - hover over the bottom-right near the clock where the speaker icon is for your sound driver. You can click on this icon to get the volume slider. The driver name should be shown. What does it say? If you see a number BEFORE (not after) the driver name ("1-" for example) - then that's the issue. I wish Yamaha would fix this in the javascript and accept these driver names. The fix, if this is your issue, is to uninstall the Yamaha Steinberg USB Drivers and re-install them. Be sure to keep plugging MODX into the same USB port if it's ever removed. Do not use hubs. Not that you absolutely cannot - just that it adds another layer of possible problems.

Posted : 24/01/2019 7:59 am
Bad Mister

Soundmondo site is up and running on all cylinders...

Posted : 24/01/2019 4:41 pm
Eminent Member
Topic starter

hi a few days ago i posted about not being able to sync my modx keyboard with soundmondo. the person that replyed said that the website was likely to be updated at the time and i should wait for it to finish the updates, well it's been a few days and now i'm still having the same problem, when i go to the website it shows that i'm connected and when i click on any of the sounds the sync button turns green, i click that like i used to but it never moves over to my keyboard. it switches to another part of the site that wants me to save (shows tags, youtube, html) but never sync's to my keyboard.

someone said don't click save so i havn't, but i'm not sure what is wrong. it worked a week and a half ago. i tried different browsers since some people said they was having success with opera and brave, but nothing changed with my google chrome, i have cleared the cache and everything. everything looks like it should be working, but it's just not syncing at all. please respond it's been a week and a half now for me.

Posted : 26/01/2019 7:20 pm
Jason
Illustrious Member

I pretty much reproduced your results using Opera. Chrome I couldn't get the Sync button to activate but Opera I could. My normal ritual when this happens is to uninstall the drivers, reboot the machine, install the latest drivers. Maybe fool with Montage Connect. There are lots of moving parts. Browsers have been ratcheting up security so different things start breaking and its a game to keep up (from the dev side). I'm not ready to reboot - so I'm not sure if the ritual will fix my issue in Opera which seems to match what you've described. Redirecting to an empty template page was always how I remember it working. Counter-intuitive and causes people to save, unconventionally, duplicate copies of others' uploads.

Posted : 26/01/2019 8:37 pm
Eminent Member
Topic starter

I see you wrote that you could not get the sync button to activate using chrome. in the instructions it says to use chrome, so I am assuming that there is something wrong from Yamaha. I am writing this and not my computer guy. just tried it myself just now and it is not working. will there be a fix from Yamaha. Jason, I don't know if you work for Yamaha, but I am pretty sure that Bad Mister does. hope he reads this and either you or him can come up with a resolution. very anxiously waiting for your posts. thank you...…...Larry

Posted : 30/01/2019 7:14 pm
Bad Mister

I just posted with my MODX ... uploaded and downloaded using Chrome. (Wednesday Jan 20, 2019 3:29 EST)

https://soundmondo.yamahasynth.com/voices/33308

Posted : 30/01/2019 8:28 pm
Jason
Illustrious Member

I don't work for Yamaha.

Chrome and Opera worked here. Either one transferred ("Sync'd" ) the Envelope Follower demo BM posted. Initially, even after the reboot, Chrome didn't have the "Sync" button available. I would see the "ghost busters" red circle with the slash through it when hovering over the "Sync" button.

Now that I had been through a reboot and driver re-install - I was more prepared to start looking at other things. I noticed Opera "remembered" my login to Soundmondo while Chrome forgot. After signing into my Soundmondo account, the "Sync" button (in Chrome) was again available. Be sure to add signing into Soundmondo to the checklist.

At some point in the far distant past - signing in was not a requirement to sync. At least, I don't think it was.

The interface could be more user friendly if the button was active no matter if you were logged in or not - and would pop up an alert if you pressed "Sync" without being logged in -- telling you to login before the "sync" button is activated. This would self-document what the user is supposed to do in order to proceed. Maybe this was your issue - maybe not.

Posted : 31/01/2019 12:49 pm
Bad Mister

Try unplugging and replugging in your USB cable while connected.
Try a different USB port on your computer.

Posted : 31/01/2019 1:33 pm
Share:

© 2024 Yamaha Corporation of America and Yamaha Corporation. All rights reserved.    Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact Us