Clear all

start up A/D Input setting

4 Posts
4 Users
0 Likes
 Rob
Estimable Member
Topic starter

I ALWAYS use the YC in combination with a MODX. The YC's audio output goes into the A/D Input of the MODX. To get sound from the YC, A/D Input obviously needs to be On. Though it's just one button, it feels stupid having to switch the A/D Input on each time when I start playing. Its setting doesn't seem to get saved in a performance, and I also don't see a global setting for this.

How can I set the start up setting of A/D Input to On?

Wrongly posted in YC Forum: Title https://www.yamahasynth.com/forum/start-up-a-d-input-setting

Posted : 30/01/2023 8:29 am
Blake Angelos
Member Admin

Hello,

Sorry your having trouble with this.

Global A/D is found in UTILITY/Effect Switch. Turn Global A/D ON. Then when you turn your A/D input on it will stay on between Performances with the same settings. Choose the Performance you have set up with the correct A/D settings FIRST, then turn the Global A/D on.

Posted : 01/02/2023 4:43 pm
Prominent Member

Then when you turn your A/D input on it will stay on between Performances with the same settings.

That could be helpful in some circumstances. But it won't help for OP's use case

How can I set the start up setting of A/D Input to On?

Neither the front panel button nor the Utility -> Effect menu parameter maintain their setting between power restarts.

Posted : 01/02/2023 6:56 pm
Jason
Illustrious Member

BTW: the A/D Input On/Off switch stays illuminated between Performance changes already without using Global A/D. The Global A/D allows for you to keep the same A/D settings (levels, etc) as you switch Performances but doesn't alter the A/D Input state (turn it on or off).

If you want the A/D input to be switched on, you have to do this manually every time you power on as you currently do.

Posted : 01/02/2023 7:12 pm
Share:

© 2024 Yamaha Corporation of America and Yamaha Corporation. All rights reserved.    Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact Us