Synth Forum

Notifications
Clear all

Starting and stopping Pattern Play with a foot pedal

2 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter

I'm wondering if there is any way to start and stop the Pattern Play function using a foot pedal? I have the MODX 8 and have obviously upgraded to the newest 2.0 OS (or I wouldn't have Pattern Play). I currently have an FC4A pedal for Sustain, another FC4A pedal in Foot Assignable which I use to start and stop the ARP, and an FC7 in Foot Controller 2 which I normally use to control the Super Knob. One would think that the FC4A that is starting and stopping the ARP would also start and stop the Pattern Play, but it does not. Nor can I figure out how to assign the Super Knob to do it so I can use the FC7 pedal? I've had the MODX for about 6 mths now and have gotten pretty savy with using most of it. But I will admit, assigning controllers is still somewhat of a challenge for me. Any help/suggestions is greatly appreciated!! Thanks in advance...

Posted : 27/11/2019 9:12 pm
Bad Mister

I'm wondering if there is any way to start and stop the Pattern Play function using a foot pedal?

Yes, there is...
Press [UTILITY] > “Settings” > “MIDI I/O” > set the FS ASSIGN = Play/Stop

The FS ASSIGN when set to “Play/Stop” will address the Sequencer. Unfortunately, you must choose between FS doing Arp On/Off, and Sequencer Play/Stop. Both functions can be armed and disarmed with buttons, but only one can assigned to the FS. Arpeggios do not start and stop with a FS, you basically arm and disarm the Main Arp Switch... it is always necessary to trigger an Arpeggio with Note-On data. A Sequencer, on the other hand, starts and stops upon engaging the FS.

I've had the MODX for about 6 mths now and have gotten pretty savy with using most of it. But I will admit, assigning controllers is still somewhat of a challenge for me. Any help/suggestions is greatly appreciated!!

We’ve put together a convenient page where you have links to the MODX tutorials:
Link: Mastering MODX Article Series

These are designed to take you step-by-step through specific topics; and include, in many cases, downloadable Performances designed as examples ... and you can post questions if you get stuck. The series on Super Knob programming will begin to demystify things.

Posted : 27/11/2019 10:28 pm
Share:

© 2024 Yamaha Corporation of America and Yamaha Corporation. All rights reserved.    Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact Us