Synth Forum

Notifications
Clear all

Switching between parts 1-8 and 9-16 on Performance display?

2 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Eminent Member
Topic starter

Hi, I just installed the 2.5 update on my MODX, and am enjoying it so far.

However, with these new features making a lot more use of parts 9-16 in a performance, I'm stumped on one rather simple task.

How do I flip the display from parts 1-8 to 9-16 and back on the main performance screen? It isn't obvious on the screen. I thought tapping the little icon at the top right that shows what parts in 9-16 are in use would do it, but it doesn't. I searched the manual and supplemental documents and didn't find it, though I'm sure it's in there somewhere. So I'm being lazy and asking here. 🙂

I've found 2 ways: one is to tap View to bring up one of the alternate views with 4 parts shown, then tap 9-12 or 13-16, then switching the view back. The other way is to press Part Select Mute/Solo, tap 9-16, then select a part in the 9-16 range. Both these methods work but are cumbersome (require multiple taps). I would think there would be a simple toggle somewhere, or have 1-8 and 9-16 buttons on the main view like the 1-4, 5-8, etc. on the alternate views.

Since the visibly obvious icon (top right corner) doesn't respond to taps, there must be something else I'm missing.

Thanks... I'm sure I'll slap myself when I get the answer...

Posted : 02/06/2020 9:36 pm
Bad Mister

How do I flip the display from parts 1-8 to 9-16 and back on the main performance screen?

Hold [SHIFT] + [1-4/5-8] (both circled in yellow below)
...while on the HOME screen (first view)... when the [PART / Element/Operator] function is set to PART

The button [1-4/5-8] Toggles the active view between 1-4 and 5-8 when pressed directly
and between 9-12 and 13-16 when pressed in conjunction with the [SHIFT] button.

Posted : 02/06/2020 10:37 pm
Share:

© 2024 Yamaha Corporation of America and Yamaha Corporation. All rights reserved.    Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact Us