Notifications
Clear all

This is bug

5 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
Reputable Member
Topic starter

When I rename or copy or save as (not sure) than SuperKnob assign are changed. Possibly It's resets to default...

I have my performance with Common SuperKnob Part 1 Assign 1 .. InsB Break
When I renamed the Performance I see Common SuperKnob > AD Var Send
Why?
And more I now resave new Performance with Common SuperKnob Mfx Break ... Polarity Bi Ratio +32 Param1 5
But now I see Param1 is 0
Zero!

unexpected and unpredictable

Posted : 16/09/2023 7:29 pm
Prominent Member

When I rename or copy or save as (not sure) than SuperKnob assign are changed

The only way I can reproduce that is if:

1. load a performance
2. change the performance
3. use utility -> contents -> data utility - performance and select the performance and rename it.

That renamed performance will NOT have the changes that were made because those changes weren't saved.

After you make changes you have to SAVE the performance as a new performance or, if it is a user performance you can overwrite it with the changes.

Did you save the performance after you made the changes?

Posted : 16/09/2023 7:45 pm
Jason
Illustrious Member

When you go to [PERFORMANCE] (HOME) and touch the Performance name at the top then pick "Edit" from the popup window on the left hand side - you will be in the "Edit - Common/Audio" menus as displayed in the upper left corner of the touchscreen.

Then navigate to the "Control" -> "Control Assign" menu. This is the area where I take it you're already looking at the superknob assignments.

Then change the display filter to "Super Knob" which will show all destinations (4 at a time on one screen - with pages to more if there are more) that are assigned to Super Knob.

There could be up to 16 assignments all to Super Knob as a source controller. Both A/D Var Send -and- Part 1 Assign 1 InsB Break could both simultaneously be destinations of Super Knob as the source. And you could have up to 14 more assignments to other things.

I just wanted to make sure that if there were multiple pages of assignments that you were looking at all of the destinations.

By the way, when it was mentioned you need to "save" the Performance -- on the keyboard this is done by pressing the [STORE] button then editing the save name or electing to overwrite the previously stored User Performance and keeping the same name.

Say you are editing a preset Performance (something built in that you didn't create). If you're editing that Performance and [STORE] it as the same Performance name as the preset then this could cause undue confusion. The system lets you have duplicates because the Preset Performance is in a different bank than the User Performance you [STORE]'d which is in the user bank. With the right filters on [CATEGORY SEARCH] (selecting "bank" and changing this to "User" ) then now only the user bank version of this Performance would be shown. Rather than deal with this - it would be better to change the Performance name to something different enough to not have duplicates.

Not sure if I hit on anything that matches your situation - but that's what I can think of off the cuff.

Posted : 17/09/2023 4:05 pm
Reputable Member
Topic starter

I have MODX+
I don't remember exactly MODX old I haven't used it for long.

I see the problem quite often. I already get used to it. I just want people to know.

Sometimes the settings are not reset in some perfs. (absent the problem) It's weird too.
OK then

Posted : 18/09/2023 5:55 pm
Jason
Illustrious Member

Guess that didn't help, then.

Even though MODX+ is relatively new, it's highly leveraged. Much of what's there is lifted directly from Montage->MODX (and finally to MODX+). All of the testing many users did on previous products benefits the MODX+.

Now, I'm not saying that there couldn't be a corner case bug. There could be one - even maybe (although unlikely) this isn't working the way it should. What you're describing doesn't sound like a difficult corner case that's hard to reproduce. It sounds like stuff many others have been able to get to work fine.

I could be wrong but I have the notion that your issues stem from a misunderstanding of how something operates. The file system in Yamaha keyboards has never been intuitive. That doesn't make it broken or buggy - just difficult to master.

Posted : 18/09/2023 10:17 pm
Share:

© 2024 Yamaha Corporation of America and Yamaha Corporation. All rights reserved.    Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact Us