Transporting functions from Modx to Moxf

11 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Asa
 Asa
Topic starter

Hello, I have a Modx and a Moxf.

I have connected by Midi the Modx and the Moxf. I can play, I can stop... but I can't rec, nor go forward nor go back. Is there a way to achieve it?

Another question, it is about the Moxf... the Play button have stopped to work. I have restored the moxf to factory, but the "PLAY" button still doesn't work. When I control it with the Modx, the light of the "PLAY" button of the Moxf lights (so it doesn't seems a physical problem).

I think that I have not anything to do... but I prefer to ask, just in case. It is very strange, more taking into account that the Moxf is the keyboard with less use that I have.

Thanks.

Posted : 29/06/2020 8:01 pm
Asa
 Asa
Topic starter

Well, the problem of the button is solved (it works now, it needs a bit more pressure than the normal (not too much), but it works).

Posted : 29/06/2020 9:08 pm
Bad Mister

That sounds like trouble. The button should work without “a bit more pressure”

Posted : 30/06/2020 12:07 pm
Asa
 Asa
Topic starter

That sounds like trouble. The button should work without “a bit more pressure”

Well, today it works again in a normal way. Very strange but problem solved, I hope it doesn't appear again.

And what about the transporting functions from the Modx to the Moxf? Is there a way to use the buttons of "go forward" "go back" and "rec"? As I said, I have only achieved to use with success the Play and Stop buttons.

Thanks!

Posted : 30/06/2020 2:43 pm
Bad Mister

And what about the transporting functions from the Modx to the Moxf? Is there a way to use the buttons of "go forward" "go back" and "rec"? As I said, I have only achieved to use with success the Play and Stop buttons.

Sorry, on the rest of your post... I have no idea what you are trying to do.

What are you trying to accomplish.

Both device recognize and send Song Position Pointer and can fast forward and rewind to any location within their respective linear Songs.
Transport control (Start/Stop/Continue) is also possible.

Success in fast forward/rewind and locate by measure, requires Song mode, are you in Song mode?

Posted : 30/06/2020 2:56 pm
Asa
 Asa
Topic starter

Sorry, on the rest of your post... I have no idea what you are trying to do.

What are you trying to accomplish.

Both device recognize and send Song Position Pointer and can fast forward and rewind to any location within their respective linear Songs.
Transport control (Start/Stop/Continue) is also possible.

Success in fast forward/rewind and locate by measure, requires Song mode, are you in Song mode?

Yes, I put the Moxf in Song Mode, and I try to control transporting functions using the Modx buttons:

- Play: it works (I press the "PLAY" in Modx, and the Moxf obey).
- Stop: it works (I press the "STOP" button in Modx, and the Moxf obey).
- Fast forward: it doesn't works (I press the button in the Modx, but the Moxf doesn't obey).
- Rewind: as the fast forward button.
- Rec: as the fast and rewind buttons.

Thanks.

Posted : 30/06/2020 6:08 pm
Bad Mister

Yes, I put the Moxf in Song Mode

They both have to be in Song mode for Song Position Pointer to work.
So what about the MODX? Is it in Song mode?

Rec: as the fast and rewind buttons.

There is never a need to have both in Record, is there? — what are you doing?

Posted : 30/06/2020 6:18 pm
Asa
 Asa
Topic starter

They both have to be in Song mode for Song Position Pointer to work.
So what about the MODX? Is it in Song mode?

I touch in the screen "Play/Rec", is that Song Mode?

There is never a need to have both in Record, is there? — what are you doing?

I want to record in the Moxf what I play in the Modx and using the transporting buttons of the Modx.

Posted : 30/06/2020 10:33 pm
Bad Mister

I touch in the screen "Play/Rec", is that Song Mode?

No, it’s not.
Touch “Play/Rec” > “MIDI” > now you are in a MIDI Song.

I want to record in the Moxf what I play in the Modx and using the transporting buttons of the Modx.

You only put the sequencer you wish to Record in Record.

Posted : 30/06/2020 11:38 pm
Asa
 Asa
Topic starter

Touch “Play/Rec” > “MIDI” > now you are in a MIDI Song.

Yes, I forgot that, I put it in the "MIDI" screen.

You only put the sequencer you wish to Record in Record.

But the quesiton is... is it possible to record in the Moxf (once it is in song mode) without touching the transporting buttons of the Moxf? I don't want to record in the Modx, I only want to record in the Moxf using transporting buttons of the Modx. The only thing I have achieved is to PLAY and to STOP the sequencer of the Moxf with the Modx buttons.

Thanks.

Posted : 01/07/2020 8:48 am
Bad Mister

But the quesiton is... is it possible to record in the Moxf (once it is in song mode) without touching the transporting buttons of the Moxf?

No.

Posted : 01/07/2020 11:26 am
Share:

© 2024 Yamaha Corporation of America and Yamaha Corporation. All rights reserved.    Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact Us