Synth Forum

Notifications
Clear all

Transposing on the MODX via MIDI

1 Posts
1 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter

I am using a third party app (Bandhelper) during gigs to change performances within my MODX8 as I move from one song to another. This is done via midi.

On some songs we perform, I need to transpose the key and have been doing this manually. What I want to do is have this done automatically via MIDI through the app. In other words, I select a song/performance within the App, the app send a midi signal to the keyboard to transpose by "X" semi tones. Then at the end of the song, I want to transpose back to concert C for the next son/performance. In researching how to make this happen, I found online the commands for transposing by doing the following :

"place these 3 CC in this order for transposition at the start of the If CC 6 value 64 means no transposition",

I'm trying to understand if this means that you use this to reset the transposition at the end of the song? And if value 63 means a half step down, does 62 mean two half steps down and etc?

Thanks!

Posted : 22/02/2022 5:53 pm
Share:

© 2024 Yamaha Corporation of America and Yamaha Corporation. All rights reserved.    Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact Us