Synth Forum

Notifications
Clear all

Trouble finding info on formatting USB....

7 Posts
4 Users
0 Likes
 Tom
Topic starter

Trouble formatting USB stick....and that means trouble installing latest OS update (1.10).

Yamaha is usually super-clear on this.....but this time, not so much.
searched thru the Settings menus on the MODX and didn't find -- and wow is there a lot going on in the Utility/Settings area....
I've pawed through the included manual and the PDF Reference one and I've yet to find basic formatting procedure.

any/all help appreciated.

Posted : 08/10/2018 5:36 pm
Stefan

I found the following: http://faq.yamaha.com/us/en/article/musical-instruments/keyboards/synthesizers/montage/11002/9184

But I just used my PC to format the drive to FAT32. Works as well for me.

Posted : 08/10/2018 5:58 pm
Bad Mister

Most USB Drives come formatted to FAT32 and are ready to use.

Posted : 08/10/2018 7:29 pm
Jason
Illustrious Member

One piece of feedback to express to the doc team is that the MODX owner's manual informs the user that details about formatting a USB stick are contained in the MODX reference manual. Then the MODX reference manual has no such information.

Posted : 08/10/2018 7:39 pm
Bad Mister

Page 200 Mentioned under LOAD option "Job"

Page 202 Mentioned under STORE/SAVE option "Job"

Posted : 09/10/2018 1:21 pm
 Tom
Topic starter

Bingo! thanks all.

Posted : 09/10/2018 2:33 pm
Jason
Illustrious Member

Thanks - I see why it was missed during my search. "Infromation" has, contained in, the word "format". I was searching inside the browser which has a built-in search feature and not the more extensive advanced search inside the Adobe PDF reader. Therefore, to attempt to only find "format" by itself - I added a space to either the start or end. space+format or format+space. Neither found the quoted format.

Next time I'm searching - I need to stop being lazy and open the PDF in a proper reader.

Posted : 10/10/2018 5:12 am
Share:

© 2024 Yamaha Corporation of America and Yamaha Corporation. All rights reserved.    Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact Us