Synth Forum

Notifications
Clear all

Trouble loading wav files into drum kit part, snare drum is still sounding MODX6/FIGURED IT OUT

3 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter

FIGURED IT OUT

On part 7, I had adjusted the range, but then I guess the keyboard button was still highlighted and I changed the keyboard range again by accident. I did all my troubleshooting on part 1, which was not where the error was. 😮 I worked on troubleshooting it for 2 hours, then suddenly saw it.

I have a set of drone sound effects I'm trying to load into a drum kit part. I followed directions from a video and also from Bad Mister, and they load ok, and when I touch the key, the whole sound effect plays. Just what I wanted!! (Sample hit once on MODX7MODX series synthesizers)

But at some point, like when I load the 7th drone to the low B key, the original snare drum part starts to sound along with the drone wav files I painstakingly loaded for each key in the lower part of the keyboard. I can't figure out how that happens and I can't figure out how to fix it. It's fine, then I add another drone, and suddenly the original snare is sounding on all the keys again, for all the drone parts. I have another performance I did earlier where it's fine, but if I take that performance and put in drone 7, forget about it. I'm back to init drum kit snare plus drone.

I'm pretty new to synths in general and this MODX is new to me. Thanks for any help! I really want to be able to trigger sound effects in some performances and this was my learning project.

Sorry, I think my terminology is wrong. what I have right now is one performance, called DRONES, and there are a bunch of drum parts, which are drones 1 through 9

Posted : 23/01/2022 4:45 am
Jason
Illustrious Member

The OP had an issue that turned out to be one of those butterfinger moments that was quickly remedied then edited their original question with a solution followed by the asterisks.

They thought limiting notes would stop some of the drum kit from sounding. And it does - but it's also easy to leave the keyboard selection for note ranges ON and then press a key NOT intended to change the range -- but it does because you forget to de-select the keyboard select button.

Illustrating the oops moment:
1) Press [PERFORMANCE HOME]
2) Touch the lower note range of Part 1
3) On the left-hand side a pop-in shows up "Keyboard". If you press this button to light it up - then you can press any key on the keyboard to define the lower note range. Say you press C3 as the lowest note intended for Part 1's note range.
4) Next, immediately start jamming. oops! your notes are changing the lower note of Part 1 with every piano key press. But you don't realize it -- and later you're wondering why notes are sounding on Part 1 when you thought C3 was the lowest note and you're playing below C3 and hear notes from Part 1 playing.

Anyhow - we've all been there at one time or the other. And the forehead slap is followed by adjusting the note range again and then making sure to turn off "Keyboard" and/or switching to some other function other than editing the note range.

So, all-in-all this is a "nothing to see here" and/or "lessons from the trenches" kind of thread.

Posted : 23/01/2022 8:28 am
Jason
Illustrious Member

No problem Bill - I certainly appreciate your obvious investment in wanting to help out others. That's what stands out more than anything else.

Posted : 23/01/2022 11:49 pm
Share:

© 2024 Yamaha Corporation of America and Yamaha Corporation. All rights reserved.    Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact Us