Synth Forum

Notifications
Clear all

Two words for you: gray plastic

7 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter

Don't like those lovely plastic ends on the MODX? I covered mine with some wood-grain vinyl wrap, and now it looks more like a Mini or a Prophet 5 (i.e., the way a synth is supposed to look)...see the link on the YamahaMusicians website for pix and more detail...

df

Posted : 21/08/2020 9:01 pm
Jason
Illustrious Member

... if you're not a member of the other forum - you'll see:

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Posted : 21/08/2020 11:08 pm
Topic starter

... if you're not a member of the other forum - you'll see:

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

...and I can't seem to post .jpg files here, and I don't have another website to post them on for a URL...OK, here's a .zip file with the pix, and here's the text from the posting:

I never liked gray plastic on synths (they're supposed to be black with wood ends like Minis or Prophets) so I covered the ends of my MODX7 with 3M di-noc vinyl wrap (see attached photos)...di-noc wrap is designed for heavy-duty automotive and architectural finishing: it looks great, can be stretched to fit compound curves, has amazingly strong (!) adhesive backing, is supposed to last for years even on auto exteriors, etc...I used a wood grain/bubinga/gloss finish, but 3M makes it in many different styles, different kinds/colors of wood, solid colors, patterns....and the MODX matches the Arturia Keystep right-hand controller that I use, a great lightweight setup for gigging (in the old days before the pandemic, when we used to play live)...

Attached files

MODX Bubinga ends.zip (485.7 KB) 

Posted : 22/08/2020 5:28 am
Jason
Illustrious Member

Although more steps than using attachments here. I:

1) upload my images to imgbb.com (there's a preview after selecting the file, then press the "upload" green button)
2) the site gives you a link. I copy the link and paste it into the browser to navigate to the link
3) I hover over the image and right-click selecting "copy image address" (may vary according to your browser)
4) I copy and paste that link into a message here and surround the link with [ img]httpx://link.goes.here[ /img] (without the spaces I added before "img" ).

That places the image inline.

The risk is that imgbb closes down and your links go away. I had this happen already with the previous image hosting site I used (imgur). Even so, still just use this method.

and

and

Posted : 22/08/2020 6:43 pm
Topic starter

Thanks for putting these up so other people can see them easily, Jason...nothing complicated about that procedure for posting pictures here, eh?....on the YamahaMusicians forum, you just insert the pix, but if it's that easy, who knows what will be posted...

df.

Posted : 22/08/2020 7:56 pm
Jason
Illustrious Member

It's overly complicated - but ultimately not that difficult. ... and reliable (here). I don't have to deal with the crazy upper/lowercase rules here and other nonsense. So it's a small tax to take a few seconds more to attach an image.

... just providing a possible solution for the willing.

Posted : 22/08/2020 8:18 pm
Trusted Member

Wow, that looks really good!

Posted : 29/08/2020 5:51 pm
Share:

© 2024 Yamaha Corporation of America and Yamaha Corporation. All rights reserved.    Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact Us