Notifications
Clear all

Urgent help needed for sample playing!

3 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter

Title
I have followed the attached link and managed to play an 11 sec sample. Only one problem. I have to keep holding the key in order for the sample to continue playing. Is there a way to keep the sample playing through with only one touch without having to hold the key?
Appreciate your help..

https://youtu.be/JXASiv3YfSE

Posted : 03/07/2019 4:35 pm
Bad Mister

When you place your audio on a KEY inside the Drum Kit, on the OSC/TUNE screen, make sure you set “Rcv Note Off” = Off
Drum Kits are different from so-called “Normal” AWM2 Parts because each Key is typically a different instrument in a Drum Kit, each Key is autonomous... with its own Volume, Pan, sends to the Effects, its own Filters, each Key has its own Envelope Generators, their own Routing to the Outputs... also Drum sound and percussion sounds do not have to be held for the audio to play completely. When you play a Normal AWM2 Sound you Hold the Key to make the sound Sustain. Sustain is not a word in the drummer’s vocabulary. They can’t hold a note... the Amplitude Envelope Generator determines how a sound behaves in terms of loudness...

You will discover that a Drum Kit Part with its KEY parameters is ideal for audio clips and loops, because you can set the Amplitude to HOLD (say at full volume throughout)

Set “Rcv Note Off” = Off
And set the Amplitude Envelope found by touching “Level/Pan” so that “Decay 2 Time” = HOLD
This will allow your Audio to play through to completion.

Extra Credit:
See this post for more details

Posted : 03/07/2019 7:33 pm
Topic starter

Just realised that I didn’t thank you for this! So thanks lol. It worked like a charm ??❤️

Posted : 21/07/2019 8:10 am
Share:

© 2024 Yamaha Corporation of America and Yamaha Corporation. All rights reserved.    Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact Us