Synth Forum

Notifications
Clear all

Voice Transformer connected through MODX

3 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter

Anyone connect a voice transformer (like Roland VT-4) through the A/D input of MODX?
Also curious if the MIDI connection from the VT-4 works with MODX, but mostly wondering if the 1/4" microphone out of the VT-4 works through the MODX A/D input - I already have a dynamic microphone that I have successfully connected through my MODX A/D input, but the VT-4 specs include phantom power and other references that suggest this may be an issue that I would like to avoid - thanks for any help here.

Posted : 26/12/2019 9:54 pm

The VT-4 should work with the MIDI output and A/D inputs on the MODX . The VT-4 manual is downloadable from the Roland website. I've used the BOSS VE-2 (vocal harmonizer pedal) with my MODX, but only using the output audio of the synth to control pitch on the VE-2 (there's no MIDI input on the BOSS pedal: audio output from the MODX controls the vocal harmony on the VE-2 mic output, which I run into a mixer, not into the MODX). On the VT-4 phantom power is only applied to the XLR mic input and doesn't pass through to the outputs that you'd plug into the MODX if that's your concern. There's switch to turn phantom power on and off (you don't need or want phantom power with a dynamic mic). I suggest you download the VT-4 manual before you buy one and read through it (only 4 or 5 pages long) but I don't think you'll have a problem using it into the MODX. Sound on Sound magazine has a review of the Roland VT-4 if you do a search on their website.

Posted : 27/12/2019 12:56 am
Topic starter

Thanks Kevin - I bought the VT-4 and everything works great through the MODX - appreciate the comments.

Posted : 28/12/2019 6:35 pm
Share:

© 2024 Yamaha Corporation of America and Yamaha Corporation. All rights reserved.    Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact Us