Synth Forum

Notifications
Clear all

White MODX?

8 Posts
6 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter

I am so glad that a pattern sequencer has been added in the new update cuz I was holding back purchasing a unit for that same reason. I have watched just about every video uploaded on MODX and loved them all. Well, I am sold.
Does anybody know if the OS 2.0 update would come with a white colour MODX as well? Or is it just for the Montage?

Posted : 26/09/2019 6:24 am
Bad Mister

The MONTAGE White only is MONTAGE.

Posted : 26/09/2019 6:23 pm
Jason
Illustrious Member

I think the question is - are there plans on revealing - earlier than revealed for the Montage - that there's a white version of MODX to come in late October, or some other time?

To that, I would say that history shows that the flagship (Motif XF in the past) gets a white version and the other synth did not (MOXF at the time). It would be counter to previous tradition to do this.

Posted : 26/09/2019 7:39 pm
 Rich

I don't think the plastic body of the MODX could handle a white paint job and deal with all the nicks and scuffs. Gotta admit the Montage looks dope though...Like an old Oberheim 4-voice

Posted : 30/09/2019 6:55 pm
Eminent Member

It could if they used white plastic to mold the case. But I have a hunch it's not planned for the cheaper models. I like the Oberheim 4-voice reference... what a great classic. 🙂

I think I read on another forum of someone who had a white Motif (XF? Not sure what model had a white version issued) and they found the paint yellowed over time, and not from UV light either. Hopefully the white Montage's paint holds up better.

Posted : 30/09/2019 8:23 pm
Jason
Illustrious Member

White's going to show discoloration, for a number of reasons, more than any other color.

Posted : 30/09/2019 10:16 pm
Topic starter

Thank you for all the responses:)

Posted : 01/10/2019 2:26 am
Reputable Member

Black or white, I just wish heavy piano like keyboard with 61 keys. I haven't placement for 88 wide body synth.
I wanna large keys instead of large keyboard. Consumer goods all of I have. 🙁

Posted : 30/09/2021 11:14 pm
Share:

© 2024 Yamaha Corporation of America and Yamaha Corporation. All rights reserved.    Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact Us