Notifications
Clear all

1.60 update fail

9 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
 Mark
Topic starter

I tried to update to 1.60. I downloaded the updater, put it on my USB flash drive (only file on there, and formatted for Montage). The updater seemed to work fine. Once I turned the Montage off, then back on, there was a droning helicopter type sound. I downloaded the updater again, and replaced it on my flash drive, and it did the same thing. Anyone have any tips or ideas?

Posted : 12/11/2017 12:06 am
Bad Mister

The updater seemed to work fine.

What was the exact message in the screen that makes you think it worked fine?

Posted : 12/11/2017 4:36 am
 Mark
Topic starter

It verified at the end of the update process and said "finished, turn power off" or something to that effect.

Posted : 12/11/2017 5:02 pm
Bad Mister

What version does it report it is now?
Does it power on?
We’re trying to help - the more info you can provide the better.

Posted : 12/11/2017 6:27 pm
 Mark
Topic starter

sorry. It reports to be on Version 1.60 It does power on, but as I said there's a droning, helicopterish sound that stays at the same volume, even if I change the main volume control. I switch patches and i can hear different patches very faintly, but the helicopter type sound is much louder than the patch.
I do see the new 1.60 patches in the Live Set presets.
I tried several times to update, re-download the updater and copying the newly downloaded updater file and that made no difference.

Posted : 12/11/2017 9:36 pm
Bad Mister

Okay, thank you.
Let’s go with the update is completed since it says it is and look for a different cause.

Disconnect any external devices to see if this changes the noise (USB)
Make sure the A/D Input ON/OFF is OFF.

Let us know if there is a change.

Posted : 12/11/2017 10:00 pm
 Mark
Topic starter

Thanks. It turned out to be the USB flash drive. When I removed it the sound was gone. And when I put it back in, the sound was still gone. Pretty strange. Anyways it all works now. Thanks again.

Posted : 13/11/2017 12:30 am
Bad Mister

Don’t think it was the usb stick, and the update seemed to have proceeded normally. There are several things that can cause the MONTAGE to make a helicopter noise, if it returns let us know, we’ll help you track it down...

Posted : 13/11/2017 1:31 pm
 Imro

I'm guessing if by helicopter noise is referent sounding as a mains hum.
By any chance having an UPS available to connect the montage with,
this in case the mains from you're home sockets experience some kind of hum.

Some other home appliance could be the cause. It doesn't give security that this be the case
but its a means to test that and check those appliance wires.

Or use a grounded socket as another way to check if mains hum doesn't create a field on the
keyboard not that it's to worry much just a tip.

Posted : 13/11/2017 6:06 pm
Share:

© 2024 Yamaha Corporation of America and Yamaha Corporation. All rights reserved.    Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact Us