Synth Forum

Notifications
Clear all

110-220 volts automatic or nоt

19 Posts
8 Users
0 Likes
22.9 K Views

As I mentioned before I based in USA, but have to travel a lot around the world. I buy my equipment in US, so my enquiry is applicable to US.
Bad Mister, thanks for your offer to contact Yamaha Customer Service by phone, but I don't think that was an appropriate response.
I am prety sure, the customer service gonna say that I have to check the label, and if it says 120V, that means it cant accept 240V.
But we all know that it's not necessary the case: motif XF is the evidence.
I just want Yamaha to be honest and consistent. If a Montage sold in America does have switching power supply, please confirm that officially here. Same way as you did for Motif XF!
Doezens of touring musitions would appreciate your answer to this question.
Many thanks in adwance!

Posted : 29/04/2016 2:45 am

Hi Bad Mister, could you please respond to my enquiry as soon as possible? I want to order Montage, as soon as I get an official confirmation about switching power supply.
Many thanks.

Posted : 01/05/2016 4:00 am
Member Admin

Hi @Kirill,
Thank you for posting your question. In addition to the Customer Service phone number Bad Mister provided, Yamaha offers several options for getting your questions answered. You may want to email tech support directly with your question. You can send your questions via email through this link, https://www.yamaha.com/ussub/ContactForm.html?deptcode=pac .

On the Yamaha Support page you'll also find an option to live Chat with a tech representative, http://usa.yamaha.com/support/contact/pac/. You'll need to login and someone at either of these 2 areas can address your questions.

Thank you Kirill.

Amy
Community Coordinator

Posted : 03/05/2016 8:40 pm

Just for the record, the examples on voltage switchable I gave above were all from USA where I live now. However, as Phil mentions, the Motif XF and CP4 I bought here are 110V only.

The Montages exhibited at NAMM were all 100V only (according to text on the back) 🙁

I brought a CP4 keyboard to Vietnam (purchased in the US, marked 120v on name tag), which used 220v. By mistake I connected it directly to the wall power plug, and it worked fine. Therefore I think it's a universal design, just write the voltage of the country where the product was sold.

Posted : 21/11/2019 8:46 am
Page 2 / 2
Share:

© 2024 Yamaha Corporation of America and Yamaha Corporation. All rights reserved.    Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact Us