Clear all

a specific brass articulation would be added to sound

7 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Eminent Member
Topic starter

Hi All,

Is there an specific effect setting where we can add 2 beats or 4 beats of increased vocal articulation (from 0 volume to some level ) to a solo sustain featured brass part without using any dinamic assigment button? İ need that articulation continuously.

Posted : 13/04/2023 11:01 am
Jason
Illustrious Member

add 2 beats or 4 beats of increased vocal articulation (from 0 volume to some level ) to a solo sustain featured brass part

I don't know what this means. Mainly the word "vocal" is throwing me off. To me articulations would be slurring, staccato tonguing, or legato tonguing. Also, I can't quite fit in how "2 beats or 4 beats" relates. With respect to tonguing, it could be done at any rhythm so 2 beats could be filled with 16th notes, triplets, quarter notes, etc.

Then you add in volume as a component of the ask. Is this to mean just dynamic ("loudness" ) variation - and that's it? Or something similar to the "swell" brass Performances that combine volume with timbre changes that occur when you push a brass instrument? This would follow the "volume" part of your ask more closely -- but there's a lot of competing and seemingly conflicting terms in your question that are throwing me off.

Posted : 13/04/2023 6:37 pm
Eminent Member
Topic starter

I apologise for my misspelling, I was going to write volume, not vocal.
in the performance containing 2 velofalls from the motif es sounds seen in the attachment

1 ) rising voice (velofall)
2) In the strong playing, one of them shows a finalised articulation that goes up 1 octave and finalises the sound.

I want to create these two articulations in montage performance. please check the 6 sec video clip given with attachement

Attached files

WhatsApp Video 2023-04-13 at 23.31.33.mp4.zip (1.7 MB) 

Posted : 13/04/2023 8:36 pm
Jason
Illustrious Member

For me it says the attachment cannot be found. Unfortunately, using attachments on this message board seems to be overly complicated and error prone.

If Motif ES could do this, then certainly Montage can. There's not 100% overlap in the preset samples but mostly Montage would be a superset of the Motif.

I did have a Motif ES keyboard but the buttons (including piano keys) failed. I might be able to use MIDI to switch voices and also to play notes. I just couldn't very easily "look" at the Performance settings -- except I could use the editor to do this.

Posted : 13/04/2023 10:29 pm
Eminent Member
Topic starter

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R9ic4Sb_F20&t=435s (7.15 ).

Thanks for answer ,

please check the link and 7.15 min - Fo Pi Cre - setting in Kontakt plug in is exactly the articulation I'm looking for.
I would like to assign this articulation to any solo brass instrument in the montage. could you please tell me which edit settings to follow for this, step by step.

thanks

Posted : 14/04/2023 4:39 am
Jason
Illustrious Member

In the video at around 7:15 the presenter plays only a single note for Fo Pi Cre. I can't really make out anything with one short note.

EDIT:

Looking it up in the manual, looks like FoPiCre is described as:

Short for Forte-Piano-Crescendo (Italian: loud/quiet/growing).
This articulation starts with a loud attack, gets quiet very quickly, then in-
creases volume and finally ends abruptly. The dynamic process is based on a
tempo of 120 BPM (beats per minute)

This is a velocity switch option so I'm guessing you want to have this happen when you play with more velocity.

Posted : 14/04/2023 4:55 am
Eminent Member
Topic starter

I can play using the contact plugin with the Fo Pi Cre setting during the song. Due to the articulation starting -forte - , I can also get good results in Staccato notes. so I am looking for such articulation on the sound itself, not just as an assignment. How do I do this kind of playing with yahama montage. Every new information helps me to come to a conclusion.

Posted : 14/04/2023 6:47 am
Share:

© 2024 Yamaha Corporation of America and Yamaha Corporation. All rights reserved.    Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact Us