Notifications
Clear all

About drums

4 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter

Hi,
does anybody use Studio drums library from DCP Productions on Montage? Do these sounds are better than new drum kits inside Montage?
Thank you!

Posted : 04/03/2017 7:58 am
Joel
 Joel
Honorable Member

Hi Nicolas, Studio drums is a good sound bank made for Motif ES and rework for Motif XS/XF.

Better or not better, that's generaly a personnal choice/taste i have Studio drums but i do not load it on Montage, internal Drum kits are good for me.

If you have Studio drums, load it as Library and try, if no use the internal drum kits, if they are not at your taste listen studio drums demo :

http://easysounds.eshop.t-online.de/epages/Shop40690.sf/en_GB/?ObjectPath=/Shops/Shop40690/Products/016129D

And also listen Drum Performer from Easy Sounds :
http://easysounds.eshop.t-online.de/epages/Shop40690.sf/en_GB/?ObjectPath=/Shops/Shop40690/Products/016109D

Posted : 04/03/2017 9:18 am
Jason
Illustrious Member

I don't use the trap kits myself - so I haven't really gone through the snare/bass/toms/HH/etc of Montage with a critical ear. Listening to all the DCP studio drums - I found with just one exception - the snares are larger/deeper/looser than I prefer. I think I would have wanted something snappier for the funk, jazz, and brush snare. As an ensemble - it's not my thing - but I think an opinion like this: asking everyone to let you know how good is this strawberry ice cream - isn't going to be very helpful if I don't dig strawberries. You may love 'em.

The EasySounds kits are showcased differently. There's some stuff I like in there. I think it's harder to tell what's going on because they do not seem to showcase the variations quite as extensively as the DCP demos do. I hear something strange with the floor toms in the demo.

This is the kind of thing you listen to as much as you can and it either resonates with your ear or doesn't.

Posted : 04/03/2017 9:54 am
Topic starter

Thank you for your advice!
I will try, it's like piano sounds, i don't know if American Steinway from Synthogy is the best, but Montage CFX is awesome and Bösendorfer nice too, I play them with my CP4 88 keys (because i have Montage 6), and it's always a big bang of sound in my ears!

Posted : 04/03/2017 10:55 am
Share:

© 2024 Yamaha Corporation of America and Yamaha Corporation. All rights reserved.    Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact Us