Notifications
Clear all

about logic pro x

2 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Eminent Member
Topic starter

I have macbook pro and use logic pro x as DAW, the problem is when i work on a project , montage can control all the vsts with no problem. however when i add midi channel (eg. one channel piano ) when i navigate other channels the piano sound on the montage sounds very silent (silent and muffled, as it was filtered).in qıuick setup menu i choose midi rec on daw. everything looks fine any solution?? thanks

Posted : 26/04/2020 11:17 am
Bad Mister

Silent is a word that has no qualification. You are either silent or not.

When working with an external DAW using “MIDI Rec on DAW”... LOCAL CONTROL is OFF. This prevents the MONTAGE Keyboard from triggering the MONTAGE Tone Generator. The only way to return signal to do so would be via MIDI by routing done in Logic Pro.

Likely you are not hearing the MONTAGE, at all.

Your question is a Logic Pro question. If you do not allow a signal path from Logic Pro back to the MONTAGE as long as Local Control = Off, the MONTAGE has no way to be “silent and muffled” It can only be Silent. Completely silent (sic).

What are the settings for the MIDI Track in Logic Pro?
MIDI IN?
MIDI OUT?
To which device is the Track routed?

How many MIDI Channels are you transmitting on from the MONTAGE? When controlling an external device in a DAW... use only a single Part slot to control your external devices. It is your responsibility to only transmit via one slot of the MONTAGE
How many KBD CTRL icon do you have active? If more than one - you will have a problem.

Logic Pro does it re-channelized data recorded to each track?

Answer those questions and you’ll solve your issue.

Posted : 26/04/2020 4:26 pm
Share:

© 2024 Yamaha Corporation of America and Yamaha Corporation. All rights reserved.    Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact Us