4 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
 Aldo
Eminent Member
Topic starter

Hi to all Yamaha Staff,

can you please post some demo about Acoustic / El. Sounds

I noticed that you are focusing a lot about synth sounds, Super knob capabilities,Motion SEQ, fully understandable, is the biggest news

But I would like to hear something about Piano, El. pianos, Strings, Ac.El. Guitar, Bass, Ac. drums which I think will benefit of the huge waverom improvement

Thanks a lot for your attention

Posted : 28/01/2016 1:51 pm
Bad Mister

Will do!

While the applications of Motion Control are, indeed, most obvious for music genres that are based around driving tempos (EDM, Techno, etc.,) Motion Control's application in acoustic musical emulations is also huge and just as exciting.

Motion Control Synthesis includes the "Super Knob", the Motion Control Sequencer, the Envelope Follower and more, a simple use of the concept applied to an acoustic emulation would be: you're able to change articulations while performing. Changing a bowed phrase, mid-bow stroke.

If you are familiar with XA CONTROL (introduced on the Motif XS, 9 years ago), you understand that different musical articulations could be accessed, on demand, allowing you to breathe new life into performing a sound. You could introduce a legato waveform (sans attack) to play a woodwind phrase on a single "breath"; you could switch to pizzacato for just the instant required; you could add a pitch scoop to the beginning of that acoustic guitar riff.

Montage allows you to use the entire power of a Motif XS/XF Voice as a single Part in your Montage Performance... One of eight that you can play simultaneously! The ability to move from one sonic state to a completely different sonic state smoothly, seamlessly becomes a huge advantage not only for synths sounds but for creating hyper-realistic acoustic emulation.

All music genres will find some benefit with these new tools. I can't wait to hear what people do with this...

Posted : 28/01/2016 2:25 pm
 Aldo
Eminent Member
Topic starter

Thx a lot,

looking forward to hear new demo for acoustic musical emulations

cheers

Posted : 28/01/2016 2:55 pm
 Jan

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ktQ1rPnGZPY

From 03:34 there's a brass (big band) section demo. Having quickly looked at the XF waveform list I believe the "brass ensemble shake" and "brass ensemble doit" (aka "gliss up") articulations are NEW.

Posted : 29/01/2016 5:48 pm
Share:

© 2024 Yamaha Corporation of America and Yamaha Corporation. All rights reserved.    Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact Us