Synth Forum

Notifications
Clear all

A/D input issue

5 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter

Any sound I run through the A/D inputs comes out sounding doubled and mechanical, no matter how i set the master effects, eq, or modulations. I updated the firmware which solved the problem only until the next time I turned the machine on, whereupon the problem was back. It doesn't matter what part i select. The rest of the audio on the keyboard sounds fine. I purchased this synth specifically to use the audio inputs, and so unless I can find a solution, the synth will be returned. I don't want to return it, so if anyone knows what this issue is I would greatly appreciate some advice. Thanks.

Posted : 24/06/2016 4:23 pm
Bad Mister

Feedback? That would be my first guess. But without knowing what you are feeding to the A/D inputs I can only guess. Please provide a bit more information.

Posted : 24/06/2016 5:33 pm
Topic starter

Thanks for your reply. It doesn't matter what device or cables I run to the input, the problem persists. I tried guitar, mic, sampler, record player, cd player..switched out the cables..it sounds to me as if the synth is doubling the input signal and playing both slightly out of sync, giving a minor echo effect (yes i turned off all effects). I'm contacting customer support and hoping the problem is user error.

Posted : 24/06/2016 6:47 pm
Bad Mister

If you'd like help here, pick one item and tell us what you're doing (worries me when you say "record player" ??? What's that? 🙂

Let's take the CD PLAYER... (Record player scares me)...
Go to [UTILITY] > "Settings" > "Audio I/O"
Set the A/D INPUT = Line (green)
Connect the left and right audio outputs of the CD player to the left/right A/D input jacks of the Montage.

On the front panel activate the A/D Input On/Off button
Raise the Gain so that the peak light begins to flash on the loudest portions.

Now we assume you are monitoring your Montage either through headphones or a quality pair of monitors or sound reinforcement system. And we also assume you are not connected to a computer at this time. Correct? Let us know.

Posted : 24/06/2016 7:54 pm
Topic starter

I re- updated the os and it is working now as intended. I still don't know what caused the problem but I am glad to have the inputs working, as they sound great. Thanks for your attention. 🙂

Posted : 24/06/2016 10:07 pm
Share:

© 2024 Yamaha Corporation of America and Yamaha Corporation. All rights reserved.    Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact Us