Notifications
Clear all

AD INPUT VOLUME CONTROL PRESET

8 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Eminent Member
Topic starter

The volume of an external keyboard connected from the AD INPUT is heard differently in each preset. how to pre-edit the preset to keep the keyboard in the AD INPUT at almost the same volume levels between changing presets in a live performance additionaly AD input volume knob

Posted : 10/07/2023 1:15 pm
Bad Mister

The volume of an external keyboard connected from the AD INPUT is heard differently in each preset.

That is a feature, you can program your external synth, custom, for each Performance.

how to pre-edit the preset to keep the keyboard in the AD INPUT at almost the same volume levels between changing presets in a live performance additionaly AD input volume knob

If you want the AD INPUT settings to remain the same from Performance to Performance, do the following:

From the HOME screen:
Tap the “FX” logo at the very top, center, of the screen.
This is a shortcut — you arrive at a screen where you can activate “Global A/D” = ON
The AD Input settings will remain constant throughout all programs.

Posted : 10/07/2023 6:24 pm
Eminent Member
Topic starter

That is a feature, you can program your external synth, custom, for each Performance.

so. how , i can program my ext synth sound for each perform if i prefer that ?

The AD Input settings will remain constant throughout all programs. Can you direct me to control all AD INPUT SETTINGS

Posted : 11/07/2023 7:39 pm
Bad Mister

The AD IN is treated as PART, similar to any of the synth Parts that make up a Performance. It has many of the same routing and control options.
The AD IN is one half of what the synth refers to as AUDIO IN.
(The other half is the Digital (USB) In)

Let’s use the “CFX + FM EP” Performance as an example:
When you view the HOME screen, notice the lights on your right front panel:

This Performance is stored with [Performance Control] active… which means the buttons on the next row will give you quick acces to:
[COMMON] and a [PART SELECT #] button for each of the potential KBD CTRL Parts.

When [COMMON] is lit you will have access to the “Common/Audio” level of the architecture and when a numbered [PART SELECT] button is lit you are addressing that individual Part. (Basic)

This means when you press [EDIT] while that [COMMON] light is lit, the screen will self-identify as a “Common/Audio” Edit screen (top line) giving you access to your “Audio In” settings
Tap “Audio In” to view access to the dedicated functions for incoming audio and what this Performance will do with it.

The top half of this screen is the Analog-to-Digital In.
These settings are normally stored to the current Performance… in a similar fashion to how the Performance memorizes each synth Part’s settings.

However, if you activate “Global A/D” = ON the settings you make for AD IN will apply at all times for the external input, through all Performances. For example, there will be no interruption in signal between the external device and the MONTAGE audio outputs.

When you choose to leave “Global A/D” = OFF, the you can store completely different settings for you AD IN in each and every Performance! And similar to the synth Parts in a Performance, there maybe an interruption in signal between the external device and the MONTAGE audio outputs.

Extra Credit:
If you “play and sing” you might want to opt for “Global A/D” = ON, this will allow you talk to the audience on the mic at the same time you are selecting or scrolling through Performances. The microphone audio will be not only be constant but consistent.

You might opt to leave the “Global A/D” = OFF, because it allows you to customize the settings of the external input on a per Performance basis. So if you prepare in advance you can take advantage of the features and functions available to the Audio In (AD IN).
Example: you could be setup for Vocoder in one Performance, and regular vocals in the next, etc., etc

The AD IN has its own complete set of parameters:
Mixing: Input Mode (stereo/mono), Volume, Pan, Dry Level, Var Send, Rev Send, Output routing (Main L&R, USB Stereo, USB Mono, Off.
Routing: Two dedicated Insertion Effects
EQ: Two EQ device can be applied: LPF, HPF, Low Shelving, Hi Shelving, or Peak/Dip, and +/-12.0dB of gain.

Remember the AD IN can also be used as a modifier in the MONTAGE’s synth engine. Whether you use the AD IN for another keyboard or for a microphone, you have plenty to work with…

It can assigned to be controlled in a similar fashion to any of the internal MONTAGE synth Parts… including assign control over its parameters with the array of MONTAGE controllers, including the Super Knob (of course).

Posted : 11/07/2023 8:55 pm
Eminent Member
Topic starter

Thank you B.M i got all.....

and I found volume control under mixing and control it .

If I want to control the volume level of the external synth with an expression pedal with limits ( interval) connected to the montage. what should I do if I want it to control only the external device and not affect the sound in any part of the montage.

Posted : 11/07/2023 10:10 pm
Bad Mister

You can control the Volume of the external synth with an FC7 using a couple of different methods. One is via MIDI (where the MONTAGE is assigned to use its controllers to address the external synth’s volume. You actually send message to control that synth’s volume); the other is controlling the MONTAGE’s AD Volume parameter (instead of addressing the external synth with MIDI, you can assign the MONTAGE controller to address the AD Volume parameter, directly… accomplishing the same thing.

You will need to choose the one that will work for you — you have not given us much information on what you’re doing.

Control Volume via MIDI __ If you are connected to the external synth via 5-pin MIDI, you can control the external synth by setting up a Part slot as an external control Zone dedicated to the external synth. A MONTAGE KBD CTRL Performance can be made up from 8 Parts… they can be any mix of internal and external Parts adding up to 8 KBD CTRL. Create a Part slot to exclusively address your external synth.

Control the AD IN Volume __ If you are only connected via the AD Input, you could assign a Common Assign Knob (linked to the Super Knob) — since the Super Knob can be manipulated by the FC7…you can configure that pedal to exclusively control “AD Volume”.

Posted : 12/07/2023 10:15 pm
Eminent Member
Topic starter

[quotePost id=122380]The volume of an external keyboard connected from the AD INPUT is heard differently in each preset. how to pre-edit the preset to keep the keyboard in the AD INPUT at almost the same volume levels between changing presets in a live performance additionaly AD input volume

yes, thanks

Posted : 12/07/2023 10:29 pm
Eminent Member
Topic starter

You will need to choose the one that will work for you — you have not given us much information on what you’re doing.

I play my hammond sk pro keyboard connected to the yamaha montage from the AD input. I want to control any organ tone in the hammond with an exp pedal connected to the yamaha at a rate of 20 percent plus or minus. The reason why I do not connect the EXP pedal directly to the hammond is that I want to assign other functions on the montage. How can I control the sound to increase or decrease by a certain percentage when the pedal is fully opened and closed ?

Posted : 13/07/2023 2:55 pm
Share:

© 2024 Yamaha Corporation of America and Yamaha Corporation. All rights reserved.    Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact Us