Notifications
Clear all

AI8 DOWNLOAD

7 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
Peter
Topic starter

With the money Yamaha make from these keyboards you'd think they could afford the $1 for a DVD-ROM of AI8 and put it in the package but no we have to download it , yes 2.6 Gb, which will take at least 2 hours without any other internet traffic.
The excuse that the 'most up to date version will always be available' doesn't wash with me - it's a cost saving exercise and doesn't take into account the poor download speeds available in the rural districts of the UK.
Mine's been downloading now for 45 minutes and I still have 1 hr 35 min to go - I'm not happy

Edit - having downloaded it in just over 2 hours I then find there is an update 8.0.40 - so much for 'the most up to date version will always be available' - why wasn't this available for the download? Come on Yamaha act a bit more professionally!

Posted : 06/06/2016 2:38 pm
Bad Mister

Yeah, free stuff is really a pain... Sorry, that in your situation the download does not work out for you, but nothing makes everyone happy. Many laptops no longer come with DVD players any more, so the vast majority of musicians prefer downloads. But obviously we cannot please everyone.

Posted : 06/06/2016 4:53 pm
Peter
Topic starter

It's not a laptop and maybe in the USA you have a decent download speed, if I'd had a monthly download limit this download could have cost me. Do you have any evidence that the majority of musicians prefer downloads?
In my experience nothing comes 'free' and this is a limited edition anyway not the full version

Posted : 06/06/2016 5:46 pm

What is AI8, i dont know what it is but now i feel like i need it.

thanks.

Posted : 06/06/2016 6:10 pm
Peter
Topic starter

It's Cubase AI8 which is 'free download' with your Montage. You get a link and a code to insert and then, depending on your download speed you spend a couple of hours watching it download, unzip it, install it, then you insert the activation code into your e-licenser and you then have a DAW to connect to your Montage (don't forget to download the latest driver too)

Posted : 06/06/2016 6:57 pm

Ahhhh, cubase i see.
is the montage compatible with ableton? or is it just cubase?
i really dont feel like learning a new DAW.

Posted : 06/06/2016 8:05 pm
Peter
Topic starter

I would have thought so but I've never used Ableton

Posted : 06/06/2016 8:29 pm
Share:

© 2024 Yamaha Corporation of America and Yamaha Corporation. All rights reserved.    Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact Us