Notifications
Clear all

Alesis Vortex Wireless

5 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter

Hi Bad Mister,

Can the Montage support the wireless USB dongle of the Alesis Vortex Wireless keytar? In other words, can i access the montage sounds from my Alesis Vortex Wireless (without using a midi cable)? I understand I will not have the same control, however, I am trying to learn if I can access the sounds through this wireless device. I believe that the Motif XF did not support this, but the Kronos does.

Thanks!

Posted : 25/07/2016 2:52 am
Topic starter

Does anyone have an idea?

Posted : 27/07/2016 3:32 pm
Bad Mister

The Motif XF supported Wireless and Ethernet connectivity and could be addressed on a network. The Montage does not have this capability.
Sorry I don't know about the Kronos.

Posted : 27/07/2016 3:52 pm
Topic starter

Thanks for the reply.

However, I am not sure that you are addressing my question. I am talking about wireless midi. On the Kronos, the Alesis Vortex wireless is simply plug and play. As soon as you plug in the USB dongle into the Kronos, you can immediately control the sound remotely from your Alesis Vortex. I am focused on this 'plug and play' ability only.

The Motif XF did not have this 'plug and play' functionality and I am wondering if:
a. the montage can handle this (it seems that the answer is no, but would like to confirm)?
b. if not, can this be added to potential enhancements for future OS updates?

Thank you so much for your assistance!

DA

Posted : 27/07/2016 6:54 pm
Bad Mister

Sorry, you'll have to ask Alesis, if their device works on what products.

Both the Motif XF and Montage are able to work with the Yamaha MD-BT01 which works with most any MIDI capable device.

I'm not sure what the Alesis item is and why it would or would not work on a Motif XF, no less a Montage, sorry.

Posted : 27/07/2016 8:31 pm
Share:

© 2024 Yamaha Corporation of America and Yamaha Corporation. All rights reserved.    Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact Us