Synth Forum

Notifications
Clear all

Any Montage clinics or training seminars coming up in Indiana?

5 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
Steve
Topic starter

Hi Phil,

Are there any clinics or training seminars coming up in the near future for the Montage in Indiana?

Thanks,

Steve

Posted : 12/03/2018 9:35 pm
Tommy
Eminent Member

What Steve just said, but for NYC?
Thanks!

Posted : 13/03/2018 5:03 pm
Bad Mister

Hi Steve and Tommy,

The best way to get such an event going is to involve the local retailer. Manufacturers are more than ready to support a dealer that wants to gather local musicians for a training or clinic event, but it usually starts with the individual store.

In the larger markets (USA) we have a team of Trainers that make monthly visits to stores... they update firmware, make sure info on rebates and promotions is available, they train the staff on the new features, they make sure the MONTAGE is in stereo, with an FC3A/FC7 attached...and they generally help ensure a walk up experience on a Yamaha product is a positive one. They also make sure the staff is up to speed on what’s new.

We don’t have this in every market, NYC yes, Indianapolis, unfortunately, no. But in Indiana (Fort Wayne), as I’m sure you know, you can get a hands-on tour of the MONTAGE, many of the engineers are MONTAGERS; On most days someone from Yamaha is around (call ahead, and setup a visit). Chicago, yes...

User Groups are a great way to get local events happening.... many local stores recognize that supporting musicians who want to get together to learn and support each other, is, overall, a good healthy thing for business. We encourage you talk to department and store managers.... you never know, you catch them at the right time you might find them very receptive to getting the ball rolling... it’s simply a matter of finding others who are doing stuff with music.

We do Master Classes at stores, (again, it is always put together, locally), where we have done all day seminars...
Nowadays, you’re more likely to see Online web sessions (no one wants to leave home any more), which can be done “live”, for those who tune in... and YouTube for those who want to view it later... not like being there, and the sound quality is not a guarantee, but that’s a sign of the times.

Posted : 13/03/2018 6:03 pm
Tommy
Eminent Member

Thanks Mister - so I should call Sam Ash and Guitar Center in NYC, and ask when a Yamaha Training Crew will be coming through. Most excellent.
I do remember the first time I ever saw you was when you were demonstrating the new Master mode feature on this new Yamaha synth,
something rather new, called a Motif.

Posted : 13/03/2018 9:22 pm
Steve
Topic starter

Hi Phil,

Thanks for your reply!

I will wait for the snow to fully leave us before I make the trip north to Fort Wayne. If you're ever in Indy, please let me know.

Thanks again,

Steve

Posted : 16/03/2018 8:16 pm
Share:

© 2024 Yamaha Corporation of America and Yamaha Corporation. All rights reserved.    Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact Us