Clear all

Arp Button Turns Itself Back On

3 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Michael Trigoboff
Honorable Member
Topic starter

I was trying out some voices last night (I know, probably should be called a "Performance," but I've been doing this for less than a week at this point). I got to a Fender-Rhodes voice (unfortunately I don't remember specifically which one, but I'm pretty sure it was either Max Tine or one of the Full Tines) and started to play it. Unexpectedly, the notes were repeating.

I figured it must be an arpeggio, and sure enough the ARP ON/OFF button was lit. So I hit the button to turn off the arpeggios and started to play. All of a sudden the arpeggios were back on, and the button had lit back up all by itself. So I hit the button and turned it off again. I played a couple of bars and it turned itself back on again.

I have no idea why it did that. Is this some "auto-arpeggio" feature previously unknown to me? Or have I perhaps run into a bug in the software?

One other question: is there a way to use the touchscreen to turn arpeggios on and off? I've looked around, but have not so far found a touch equivalent to the ARP ON/OFF button.

My Montage is running firmware version 1.10.6.

Posted : 16/05/2016 4:21 pm
Bad Mister

I have no idea why it did that. Is this some "auto-arpeggio" feature previously unknown to me? Or have I perhaps run into a bug in the software?

There is no auto-arpeggio feature that I'm aware of, if you want to report a bug, please include what you have connected, and exactly what you are doing at the time... right now you have a mystery, not a bug. Are you connected to anything external (via USB or MIDI)? you know that kind of thing. Thanks.

One other question: is there a way to use the touchscreen to turn arpeggios on and off? I've looked around, but have not so far found a touch equivalent to the ARP ON/OFF button.

From the Performance main screen (touch the HOME icon in the upper left corner of the screen or touch the [PERFORMANCE (HOME)] button
Touch "Motion Control" (arpeggios are part of the Motion Control engine)
Touch "Arpeggio" in the second column

There you will find the ARP ON/OFF Master control.

Posted : 16/05/2016 5:03 pm
Michael Trigoboff
Honorable Member
Topic starter

Thanks for the quick response. That's just what I needed.

I'm embarrassed to say I figured out what my "auto-arpeggio" feature was. I have a foot switch plugged into FOOT SWITCH ASSIGNABLE. I was hitting it without realizing that I was hitting it, and the default action seems to be turning arpeggios on and off. Now I will go and hit my forehead with the heel of my hand and see what that might turn on… πŸ™‚

Posted : 16/05/2016 7:28 pm
Share:

Β© 2024 Yamaha Corporation of America and Yamaha Corporation. All rights reserved. Β Β  Terms of UseΒ |Β Privacy PolicyΒ |Β Contact Us