Synth Forum

Notifications
Clear all

Arp not sending midi out to external hardware sequencer by midi cable (not talking about usb cable)

3 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Eminent Member
Topic starter

Hi , I know the Montage will send Arp midi out by USB to the DAW thats fine but I can't get it to send midi out by midi cable to my external hardware sequencer (cirklon) .
Everything goes out of the Montage fine to my hardware sequencer until I turn the Arp on .
The ARP sequence patterns won't go out by midi .
I have midi out set to midi and Arp midi out selected to on and have selected different Arps to test but nothing seems to work .

What am I doing wrong , is it possible to send the Montage Arps out by midi cable to a hardware sequencer ?

Posted : 17/07/2020 8:42 pm
Bad Mister

Here is something to check on...

Press [UTILITY] > “Settings” > “Advanced”
Make sure “MIDI I/O Mode” = Multi

You must be set to “MIDI I/O Mode“ = Multi in order for the Arpeggio data to be transmitted.
When Multi is selected each Part with an Arp assigned will send data out on the correspondingly numbered MIDI channel.

You have to determine how the hardware sequencer is designed to record. If you are playing a Multi Part Performance, you must ensure that each Part is isolated, one Channel to a Track. Sorry, I know nothing about the hardware you mention. But remember, the MONTAGE can transmit on as many as eight MIDI Channels simultaneously, you want to make sure your Sequencer is in Multi channel Record mode as well... each Part will be recorded on a correspondingly numbered MIDI channel.

Posted : 17/07/2020 9:12 pm
Eminent Member
Topic starter

Perfect , works flawlessly .

Your the best !

Posted : 19/07/2020 4:30 am
Share:

© 2024 Yamaha Corporation of America and Yamaha Corporation. All rights reserved.    Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact Us