arp tracks 1 to 4 need explaining!

6 Posts
4 Users
0 Likes
Gabi
 Gabi
Estimable Member
Topic starter

Hi everyone, who has made some arps with 4 arp tracks yet? If someone knows what this is about, please let me know. I messed with this today and have absolutely no clue how you´re supposed to record several arp tracks since you cannot chose record anymore after you activate multiple arp tracks. Nor do the created arps ever automatically end up in the performance. And I don´t even understand what you need the arp tracks to begin with. I read it´s for recording a snare on one track, a bass drum on another and so on. Unfortuantly that is where the information ended. Absolutely no success trying to figure this out.

Posted : 26/09/2016 8:31 pm
Bad Mister

The four arpeggio tracks are designed to give your arpeggio creation multiple dimensions. There are four Tracks that can be converted to create a single arpeggio phrase. Please do not misunderstand the role of these four Tracks. The four Tracks go to build a single Arpeggio Phrase that will, typically, be played by a single synthesizer instrument PART.

When listening to an arpeggio phrase it is not always immediately apparent how it was made - arpeggios, particular chord intelligent arp phrases, often have different rhythmic components. Different articulations are called upon. Each might have its own rhythmic identity.

Some arpeggios take advantage of Velocity Zoning, because Elements can be limited to a specific velocity range, and because the velocity of the trigger notes can be precisely set, arpeggios can trigger specific articulations on demand. Having multiple tracks allows you to create arpeggio phrases with more dimension that just regular playing.

Example: A really good guitar strumming arp phrase will have a track that is used for the main body sound, often a guitar part might have a counterpoint part (usually the thumb in a fingerpicking pattern) that plays against the others, a separate track for the strumming/racking noise, and yet another for the finger zings and scrapes. They each have different rhythms, as well as different keys. The racking noise and sound fx are converted using the FIXED NOTE Convert Type, while the main body track and the thumb counterpoint, is converted using the ORG NOTE Convert Type.

Here multiple tracks allow for some portions to follow chord structure, while others trigger a fixed sound - the Mega Guitar and Mega Bass Arps are great examples of multi-track arp creations.

Posted : 27/09/2016 6:00 am
manolo

@phil: now i´m confused. in august you promised to release a tutorial on user arp creation "later this month". where is it? i noticed that you´ve not mentioned this tutorial in your above statement. does that mean you´ve decided to skip it? that would be bad. i still hope something is coming.

Posted : 27/09/2016 3:32 pm
Bad Mister

No, the first three chapters of a series on Arpeggios are sitting in the cue, waiting to be launched. Hopefully, they can get posted today. Standby...

Posted : 27/09/2016 3:36 pm
 Tho
Trusted Member

hehehehhe, Well done Bad Mister and good reminder from manolo...I am waiting on it as well...I first own the Synth in my life hope I can blow out on the stage since I dont have any experiences about this...I turned my Montage on after work everyday...but something is still in the mystery cause I can find some ARP for Rumba, And Twist and SlowRock...Tango....

Thanks

Posted : 27/09/2016 3:40 pm
Gabi
 Gabi
Estimable Member
Topic starter

Thanks, sounds complex, I'll wait for the tutorial

Posted : 28/09/2016 7:35 am
Share:

© 2024 Yamaha Corporation of America and Yamaha Corporation. All rights reserved.    Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact Us