Arpeggios

3 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Leon
 Leon
Eminent Member
Topic starter

I sold my MOXF and I am getting Montage this week so question is do I record arpeggios in the same way as MOXF i.e 4 and make pattern or I record them as scenes or I do that in cubase?

Posted : 22/10/2017 6:16 pm
Bad Mister

The MONTAGE does not have a Pattern mode. Data can be loaded or recorded to tracks of the MONTAGE “PLAY/REC” feature... from there you can use the “User Arp” function to “Put Track to Arpeggio” in a similar way that Track JOB worked in the MOXF.

As previously, the Arp phrase can be assembled from as many as four tracks of MIDI data. There are several article/tutorials here on the site about creating and studying Arpeggios. The rules are the same, and Arpeggio data can be loaded from MOXF and Motif XF files. Up to 256 User Arps can be housed in the User Bank. Eight User Banks can be installed into Flash ROM Libraries ... so you can have tons of User Arps available.

You can create the MIDI data in your favorite DAW, export it as a .mid file, load it into the MONTAGE. In fact, any MIDI file could be used as a source for your User Arp. The skill is to become a good talent scout for phrases that are good candidates to be Arpeggio Phrases.

Go to the Play/Rec function by touch the [>] PLAY button
Touch the Song Title box for a pop-in that allows you to create “User Arps”
From this point it is exactly the same as the MOXF/Motif-series’ “Put Track to Arp” Job Function.

You can record data directly to the onboard recorder... but you can also load data you’ve created elsewhere... your choice.

Posted : 22/10/2017 9:05 pm
Leon
 Leon
Eminent Member
Topic starter

Thanks will do .

Posted : 22/10/2017 11:23 pm
Share:

© 2024 Yamaha Corporation of America and Yamaha Corporation. All rights reserved.    Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact Us