Auto Pitch Bend

6 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
Gary
 Gary
Eminent Member
Topic starter

Is there a way to program in an "auto pitch bend"? What I mean is I have a performance where one note in one part only needs to dive down instantly after I hit the note assigned to it, withOUT using the pitch bend wheel (too busy already with the hands to do this). Can this be done, and if so, how?

Thanks in advance!

Posted : 25/03/2019 12:48 pm
Bad Mister

In a Synthesizer an Envelope can be programmed to vary over time. The Pitch Envelope Generator is one way to accomplish this goal
An LFO (Low Frequency Oscillator can also be tasked to vary over time; assigned to change the Pitch would be another way to accomplish this goal.
XA CONTROL (Expanded Articulation Control) is yet another way to recall an Element that is recorded as an instrument Pitch Bend articulation.
Assigning Coarse or Fine Tuning to a controller that can be manipulated with a Foot Controller and/or the Super Knob assigned to FC, is yet another way.

Posted : 25/03/2019 1:50 pm
Gary
 Gary
Eminent Member
Topic starter

Actually those methods are beyond my expertise. But I WAS successful in just recording a waveform and loading that into my element, so all is good. Thanks!

Posted : 25/03/2019 4:37 pm
Jason
Illustrious Member

That's an option. You may want to experiment with any of the suggested other methods as you may find something like PEG (pitch envelope generator) easier to program. Since motion sequence is a big part of what's new with Montage - it may be good to dive into that method at some point. More difficult (more moving parts) than PEG - but may provide lots of options for you for other uses.

Posted : 25/03/2019 5:40 pm
Jason
Illustrious Member

Here's a tutorial covering PEG (Pitch EG, Pitch Envelope Generator)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5y-Wz8GmNRw

Posted : 25/03/2019 6:30 pm
Gary
 Gary
Eminent Member
Topic starter

Good, informative video. I see where that would be much simpler. I actually get it. Thanks so much Jason, and BM of course!

Posted : 27/03/2019 3:43 pm
Share:

© 2024 Yamaha Corporation of America and Yamaha Corporation. All rights reserved.    Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact Us