Clear all

Basics or am I missing something?

4 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
john
 john
Topic starter

I don't know why this is eluding me, but how do you delete a library from the memory of the Montage? You can erase the library file on the USB stick (from the Montage), but it's still there in Montage's memory. I've scanned the manual & reference manual and couldn't find a thing other than to initialize the Montage itself and then all the library's would be gone (with every thing else....always backup!).. Sounds like the hard way to me.
The answer is probably right in front of me, so thanks for all suggestions.....

Posted : 19/02/2018 5:38 pm
Manuel
Eminent Member

Push in this order: Utility (the gear icon on the topt left of the screen) --> Contents --> Data Utility and select the Library folder.

Select the Library that you want to delete and push Delete, then confirm by pushing Yes.

Posted : 19/02/2018 6:15 pm
john
 john
Topic starter

Yuip, right in front of my face. I need to take a break every few hours...lol

Thank you..!!

Posted : 19/02/2018 8:51 pm
Jason
Illustrious Member

Since your USB stick is one place where you have the Library backed up - you probably shouldn't delete the Library from the USB stick unless you've also made a couple backups of the Library - like on your computer's hard disk as well as in the cloud like a ZIP file emailed to yourself.

I advocate the cloud since you may not always have your USB stick or computer around - but you'll probably have a way to get to your email from anywhere and can figure out how to get the file in an emergency. Not only that - but provides another level of redundancy in the backups.

Posted : 20/02/2018 12:10 am
Share:

© 2024 Yamaha Corporation of America and Yamaha Corporation. All rights reserved.    Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact Us