Synth Forum

Notifications
Clear all

Bosendorfer library gone after 2.0 upgrade! Woe is me!

9 Posts
5 Users
0 Likes
Michael
Topic starter

I backed up my User files and reinstalled them after upgrading to 2.0. All seemed well, except....

Ack, my Bosendorfer piano library has vanished!

How can I get it back? It came pre-installed on my MOX8 when I purchased it from Guitar Center last fall. I do not have a copy of the file(s).

Help me, please.... thank you.

Michael

Posted : 08/03/2018 4:27 pm
roberto
Eminent Member
Michael
Topic starter

roberto wrote:

https://eu.yamahamusicsoft.com/catalog/product/view/id/138437?___store=eu_retail_en&_ga=2.60423844.869401908.1520391077-809160171.1520391077

Are you suggesting that I need to pay Yamaha another $99.99 to replace the Bosendorfer?

Posted : 08/03/2018 6:02 pm
roberto
Eminent Member

Sorry I make mistake with the free Imperial Grand...

Posted : 08/03/2018 6:07 pm
Jason
Illustrious Member

Perhaps the suggestion is to read the page. Particularly the part about the promo code which brings the set to a price of free. If that doesn't work contact Yamaha.

Posted : 08/03/2018 6:17 pm
Michael
Topic starter

roberto wrote:

Sorry I make mistake with the free Imperial Grand...

No apology - my mistake.

The page says that the Bosendorfer is $99.99, but then below it provides a promo code for "Montage owners" to get the download for free.

There is no request that anyone 'prove' that they're a Montage owner, so I guess anyone can get it for free.

Anyhow, thanks - I was able to download the library and get it into my Montage.

Posted : 09/03/2018 3:22 am
john
 john

I also wanted to get this when the other Montage owner coupon was available. Didn't know we could still get it for free (or I just can't read) but I wanted to thank you for the info and I now have my copy of Bosendorfer. Again, thanks....Good info. (And don't forget to make backups!!!)... 🙂

Posted : 11/03/2018 2:36 pm
Jason
Illustrious Member

Some instructions, before the "all" backup (X7A) was available, would have the user skip backing up libraries because the thought is that you "should" already have a backup somewhere from the initial installation. My instructions have always suggested making full backups - including libraries. I see no problem with having 10 backups of the same thing given how relatively small the backups are compared to the general storage available today in a computer or on portable storage media.

Before updating firmware - bake full backups of everything including the libraries. Backup your backups (place on your computer's hard disk as well as the USB stick and possibly also attach the backup(s) in an email message to yourself or some other "cloud" based storage).

The "cloud" offers not only a redundant backup location - but also provides you with remote access to your backups should you need to, in an emergency, restore from backups and you are away from access to your computer or backup USB stick.

Posted : 11/03/2018 5:07 pm

I have the file if you need it. Just to save you some problems with the code and blablabla. You are a Montage owner so there isnt a copyright issue.

Posted : 13/03/2018 2:18 am
Share:

© 2024 Yamaha Corporation of America and Yamaha Corporation. All rights reserved.    Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact Us