Synth Forum

Notifications
Clear all

Bosendorfer Piano update for Montage

5 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter

I downloaded the Bosendorfer update for Montage. Put the file on a Montage formatted USB stick. Uploaded it to the Montage (took about 5 minutes). Turned off the Montage. Turned it back on and can find no Bosendorfer piano patch. Suggestion?

Posted : 09/09/2017 4:49 pm
Bad Mister

Brian,
We moved your post to the MONTAGE forum as it does not concern reface.
When you load the Bosendorfer.X7L Library File you can direct the data to one of eight Library locations by using the "Content Type = LIBRARY File"

Once loaded you can find your data most efficiently as follows:
From the [PERFORMANCE (HOME)] screen
Press the [CATEGORY SEARCH] button repeatedly to toggle through your Instrument's Banks.
"All" > "Favorite" > "Preset" > "User" > "(installed Library1)" > "(installed Library2)" > and so on, back through to "All"

Set the Search screen to view either MAIN category = "All" or "Piano"

You will see the field populate with the sounds from the indicated Bank. If you installed them to a LIBRARY, you will see the Bank title "Bosendorfer" as you toggle the [CATEGORY SEARCH] button.

The first sound in the Bosendorfer Library is named "Imperial Grand Piano", by the way...

Alternatively, if you know the name of Performance set the "Bank = ALL" and type "Imperial" or any portion of the name in the box with the magnifying glass.

There are over 2000 Performances in your MONTAGE, learning to use the search feature is going to be very important.

Posted : 09/09/2017 6:08 pm
Topic starter

Thanks! They were loaded. I was looking for the Bosendorfer name, which they are not named that way. Is there a list of names of the Bosendorfer pianos to be found?

Thanks!
Brian

Posted : 09/09/2017 10:58 pm
Bad Mister

From the [PERFORMANCE (HOME)] screen
Press the [CATEGORY SEARCH] button repeatedly to toggle through your Instrument's Banks.
"All" > "Favorite" > "Preset" > "User" > "Bosendorfer"

Set the Search screen to view either MAIN category = "All" or "Piano"

You will see the field populate with the sounds from the Bosendorfer Bank.

There is the list of 16 Performances.

Posted : 10/09/2017 12:06 am
Topic starter

Thank you! I will try in the morning. I really appreciate the quick response you give!! It's nice to know someone out there understands this machine

Posted : 10/09/2017 4:20 am
Share:

© 2024 Yamaha Corporation of America and Yamaha Corporation. All rights reserved.    Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact Us