Synth Forum

Notifications
Clear all

can´t you copy/paste elements and settings?

9 Posts
4 Users
0 Likes
Gabi
 Gabi
Topic starter

Hi everyone,

You may have seen this tutorial on youtube on how to program the AWM2 elements: https://youtu.be/aikn82Fvswg
Anyway, he fills up 8 elements, all with the exact same ob-saw wave sample. I find it very tedious how he has to go and choose this same sample 8 times. Can´t you copy and paste any settings at all?

Posted : 26/08/2016 8:14 pm
Bad Mister

Not sure why he's not using it, it could be that he shot the video before these functions were added.

You can copy items at basically each level of the architecture; that is, you can copy/exchange Elements from one location to another within the Part, you can copy/exchange Parts within the Performance, you can copy/exchange Performances within Live Sets.

See the Montage Supplemental Manual that comes with the firmware download.

Posted : 26/08/2016 9:00 pm
Gabi
 Gabi
Topic starter

oh, good, I still have to do the firmware update... good to know it´s now easier than in the video.

Posted : 26/08/2016 9:37 pm
Rod
 Rod
Estimable Member

Hello Bad Mister ... Supplemental Manual with v1.11?? I've searched several sites - nothing. No mention of it. My Montage came with v1.11 loaded, so if the Manual comes with the update, how do I get one now, please? Should I download v1.11 again? I fear that may screw up what's already been done?

Posted : 27/08/2016 6:14 am
 Phil
Eminent Member

The firmware updates can be downloaded from here

http://download.yamaha.com/search/product/?language=en&site=usa.yamaha.com&category_id=16381&product_id=2166248

When you download the V1.11 updater to your computer it will be a zip folder that contains the supplemental manual. You can read it from your computer - the file for updating the firmware is also there but as your Montage is already 1.11 you don't need to do anything with it.

Posted : 27/08/2016 7:21 am
Rod
 Rod
Estimable Member

Hello Phil, and thanks - all done and dusted. I notice it says v1.10 and not v1.11 (I did download the right one - 78.8Mb and not 79.5) so I guess that's just a typo? All adds to Life's rich tapestry ...

Posted : 27/08/2016 9:38 am
Gabi
 Gabi
Topic starter

ok, I did the update. I can see that you can copy parts now. But I don´t see how you can copy elements.

Posted : 04/09/2016 6:22 pm
 Phil
Eminent Member

You can copy or exchange elements between parts in the same performance. Here's how : Click on the part you want to copy the element FROM Press Edit From Osc/Tune page click on the element number at the bottom that you wish to copy Hold down the SHIFT key and press the EDIT key at the same time A window will open that allows you to choose where you want your copied part to go (you can only choose the destination at this stage so it's important that you have started with the element that you want to copy)

Posted : 04/09/2016 7:28 pm
Gabi
 Gabi
Topic starter

Thank you!!!

Posted : 05/09/2016 7:15 am
Share:

© 2024 Yamaha Corporation of America and Yamaha Corporation. All rights reserved.    Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact Us