Synth Forum

Notifications
Clear all

CAN MONTAGE LOAD THIRD PARTY SOUND LIBRARY KITS LIKE the MOTIF XF

3 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter

CAN THIRD PARTY SOUND LIBRARY KITS BE LOADED INTO MONTAGE?
eg. EASYSOUNDS: Vintage Keys/ PHAT ANALOG 1 and 2/ or Rhoditzer/ Pulse/ etc.......

Posted : 24/04/2016 1:40 am
Bad Mister

Yes.

You can load both VOICE Libraries and SAMPLE Libraries in Motif XF format... (.X3A), (.X3V), (.X3W), directly to Montage

And unlike the Motif XF where the Waveforms and the Samples that they organize were kept separate from the USER VOICES that used them, in the Montage once you install a Library, you can install it with all the programs that use it. So they are always accessible.

In other words, say on your Motif XF you loaded in a Library that included new Waveforms and Samples. That BIG data got written to the FLASH BOARD. So that anytime you loaded the VOICES that referenced these Waveforms and Samples, it would find them. But it was totally possible to have the Waveforms and Sample on your FLASH BOARD, and yet not have the VOICES that used them loaded in to internal USER Voice slots.

In Montage, you have special memory for the programs that use the Libraries data, so that not only are the Waveforms and Samples in non-volatile memory, so is every program that you use those Waveforms and Samples - they remain in memory also. You do not overwrite them when you load in new USER data. An installed Library includes the programs that use them in a location that is always accessible. A LIBRARY installed is placed in READ ONLY MEMORY... and becomes very much like the PRESETS - always there. ALWAYS.

you can install 8 complete Libraries... Again that is not just the Waveforms and Samples, but as many as 640 Performance Programs per Library that reference that set of Waveform/Sample data.

Posted : 24/04/2016 2:16 am
Topic starter

Even though I am definitely holding on to my Anniversary Edition Motif XF8 for many many years to come, ....I do believe that the information you shared concerning "the 32 USB mono outs, immediate access to 8 complete third party sound libraries, and enhanced sound fidelity" has made me consider picking up a MONTAGE 6 to accompany my MOTIF XF8 with production.

Thank you for the enlightenment on how I can use the MONTAGE in my current production set up!!

Posted : 25/04/2016 7:19 pm
Share:

© 2024 Yamaha Corporation of America and Yamaha Corporation. All rights reserved.    Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact Us