Synth Forum

Notifications
Clear all

can you edit mega arps in daw and re-export them to montage?

7 Posts
4 Users
0 Likes
Gabi
 Gabi
Estimable Member
Topic starter

Hi, I´ve just managed to record a guitar mega arp in my DAW and change it a little bit. Now I want to export back into the montage. I get the following export options:

1 track (format 0)
several tracks (format 1)
export tempo map yes or no
number of points per beat

I tried 1 track and several tracks (without tempo map) and only the one track version opens in the Montage, (the other one gets a no data error) and it played back alright as a midi file and sounded good.

Is it possible to save such a midi file as a mega arp? I yes, how ? the original arp is Mg MC New Cntry C from the performance Mega 1 Coil Clean. This is an arp that has several tracks with different settings. But I don´t know the settings, nor how many tracks.

Posted : 27/10/2016 7:25 am
Bad Mister

The question is not clear.

You can load a .mid file to the Montage PLAY/REC function and convert it to an arpeggio. That's how you can create User Arpeggios.

You want to edit an existing Mega Arp... You must record it and separate the different components onto separate tracks.
Once you've completed your edits you must export it as a .mid file.
Load it to the Montage
Convert it to an arpeggio.

Posted : 27/10/2016 12:54 pm
 Tho
Trusted Member

Bad Mister wrote:

The question is not clear.

You can load a .mid file to the Montage PLAY/REC function and convert it to an arpeggio. That's how you can create User Arpeggios.

You want to edit an existing Mega Arp... You must record it and separate the different components onto separate tracks.
Once you've completed your edits you must export it as a .mid file.
Load it to the Montage
Convert it to an arpeggio.

This is the most interested in section that I really want to learn from Bad Mister.I have a midi file export from DAW as you said above, Load and Play on Montage well, But from Play's screen on the Montage how can I convert it into ARP? Please help with the instructions

Thank you very much
Tho

Posted : 27/10/2016 2:31 pm
Gabi
 Gabi
Estimable Member
Topic starter

Tho, if you´re talking about a single track midi file it´s simple, click on the name of the loaded song (your midi file), and you will see the "save as arp" icon, and chose orig notes if you want it to play those notes.

Not clear on how it would work with a mega arp with more than 1 track thow.

Posted : 27/10/2016 4:00 pm
 Tho
Trusted Member

Gabi wrote:

Tho, if you´re talking about a single track midi file it´s simple, click on the name of the loaded song (your midi file), and you will see the "save as arp" icon, and chose orig notes if you want it to play those notes.

Not clear on how it would work with a mega arp with more than 1 track thow.

I have a single Midi file, Put on my Format USB> Press [UTILITY] button>Content>Load to load the midi into Montage
Press Play button to play that Midi, and all I see is this screen attached, I dont see the option Save As ARP on the screen

Attached files

Posted : 27/10/2016 4:36 pm
Joel
 Joel
Honorable Member

Hi Tho.
When you have load the midi , go to play/rec view and press the song name, you will see on left a colums, press User arp to have acces to the user arp page, you need to be on OS 1.20 to have this function :

User arp screen :

Check the bad mister articles about arpeggio on this site, you will learn a lot about user arp 😉

Posted : 27/10/2016 5:11 pm
 Tho
Trusted Member

I got it...You guys are so nice....Thanks a millions !

Posted : 27/10/2016 5:31 pm
Share:

© 2024 Yamaha Corporation of America and Yamaha Corporation. All rights reserved.    Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact Us