Synth Forum

Notifications
Clear all

Can you play Ivory II or Pianoteq through the Montage?

7 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
 G
Estimable Member
Topic starter

Posted : 26/01/2017 5:02 am
Jason
Illustrious Member

You could use Montage as a MIDI controller for either. That's about the only way I would want to employ Montage to get "through" to those packages.

Posted : 26/01/2017 5:27 am
Bad Mister

G wrote:

Yes, you can. The Montage is both a MIDI and audio interface for your computer, using the Yamaha Steinberg USB driver for your computer type and operating system. You will hear that they even sound better coming through the Montage!

Posted : 26/01/2017 5:33 am
 G
Estimable Member
Topic starter

I doubt that many would need it with the CFX and BΓ–SENDOFER already in the Montage.

But it's always nice to have a Steinway πŸ™‚

Posted : 26/01/2017 6:06 pm
Jason
Illustrious Member

The only satisfactory way to reduce the latency, use the plugins, and to have Montage provide the audio output would be to use the A/D in on Montage from the PC's audio output - which may already be a weak link (quality of this output). Otherwise, using the digital input (USB) would provide too much latency for how I would be using the plugins (interactive Montage keyboard control). This is what guided my "only way I would want to ..." response although there are other ways to do this. If you're OK with latency - say the computer is "playing" the plugins as a pre-sequenced background to your Montage sounds playing "on top" - then this would be OK using the digital in since you would manually/naturally (by ear) "sync up" with the plugin and would not recognize the delay over USB. This is not a use case I would employ.

Posted : 26/01/2017 7:04 pm
Bad Mister

G wrote:

I doubt that many would need it with the CFX and BΓ–SENDOFER already in the Montage.

Different pianos with entirely different characteristics. One of the things being shown at NAMM was Synthogy's "American Grand" for Montage, Motif XF and MOXF. Just FYI. Playing it installed in the Montage, it should feel even better!

Posted : 26/01/2017 8:50 pm
 G
Estimable Member
Topic starter

Bad Mister wrote:

G wrote:

Different pianos with entirely different characteristics. One of the things being shown at NAMM was Synthogy's "American Grand" for Montage, Motif XF and MOXF. Just FYI.

Thank you!

This is why I love this site - everyone here so SO helpful!

Posted : 26/01/2017 8:57 pm
Share:

Β© 2024 Yamaha Corporation of America and Yamaha Corporation. All rights reserved. Β Β  Terms of UseΒ |Β Privacy PolicyΒ |Β Contact Us