Notifications
Clear all

CFX Concert Preset

5 Posts
4 Users
0 Likes
 Jeff
Topic starter

I was looking at the effects programming on the "CFX Concert" preset. By default the var pan is set to L1 (for the SPX Hall effect). Anyone understand why it was set to L1? Not sure why they wouldn't have left it at Centre, instead it's a nudge to the left.

I know a dumb question, I am just curious.

Posted : 06/01/2018 7:27 pm
Rod
 Rod
Estimable Member

Hello Jeff - I would think it is an effort to'place' the piano in it's normal orchestral position. slightly to the Conductor's left and behind the violins, so you as the player would hear it as the Conductor would. I'm not sure about that - unless you have compiled an orchestral Pf - as a player you would expect it front and centre.

Posted : 06/01/2018 9:06 pm

Hi all! I'm just recently unboxed my new Montage 7. I've first updated to the lates OS 2.0. Done. I was looking for the performance preset CFX Concert (the one wich has 5 parts) and I don't find it. I mean the one on this usefull video to learn how to handle with the multipart performances ( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xaXw0LC34gk).

Is something extra? Where I can find it? sorry if my question is so basic. I'm just a beginner with the Montage...;-(

Posted : 11/04/2018 8:26 pm
Jason
Illustrious Member

Press buttons [PERFORMANCE] (HOME), then [CATEGORY SEARCH], then touch the touchscreen on the magnifying glass (this is search), then type in letters to match the performance you are searching for. Make sure the main and sub categories are showing as "All". They're on the left hand side of the touchscreen for category search.

Posted : 11/04/2018 8:43 pm

Hi Jason! Thanks for your help. I've finally found it.

Posted : 12/04/2018 8:16 am
Share:

© 2024 Yamaha Corporation of America and Yamaha Corporation. All rights reserved.    Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact Us