Clear all

Configuring Footswitch to be latching / alternating value

2 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
 Hugh
Topic starter

Hiya,

I picked up my Montage7 a few days ago, very very impressive bit of kit, easily the nicest sounding 'board I've owned. In other news I have a XS7 and Kronos X61 available for sale 😉

I've been tinkering with organ patches and have been able to map the Footswitch to the SpdCtrl parameter in the Rotary speaker Effect - thus allowing the Footswitch to control the "Leslie" speed.

The only drawback though is the Footswitch is momentary - so sends 0 (slow) when up, 127 (fast) when down. Is there a way to set the Footswitch to toggle in software so that it alternates in value each press ? I'm thinking a similar option to that provided for the Assign 1 & 2 switches.

I could of course get a latching or push on/push off footswitch instead, but from experience with other synths/VSTs it's nice to have the flexibility to do this in software and hence be able to use the Footswitch in different ways for different patches.

Thanks for any input!

Cheers,
Hugh

Posted : 24/08/2016 10:26 pm
Blake Angelos
Member Admin

Hi Hugh:

You need to get a latching foot switch. The FS assign is globally set in Utility/MIDI I/O, "FS Assign" and what you want to do is a Performance level setting. In order to do what you want an actual latching foot switch is needed.

Posted : 26/08/2016 6:13 pm
Share:

© 2024 Yamaha Corporation of America and Yamaha Corporation. All rights reserved.    Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact Us