Synth Forum

Notifications
Clear all

Control AMPLITUDE Knob of ARP/MS Row With Foot Control?

4 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Michael Trigoboff
Honorable Member
Topic starter

Is it possible to do this? I looked around at all the settings and couldn’t see a way to do it. None of the assignable knobs seem to have this as a target.

Posted : 27/10/2020 4:16 am
Jason
Illustrious Member

If you want to control the overall Motion Seq Amplitude offset for all Performances (together) then you will need a SysEx with H/M/L address of 0x30/0x48/0x02 and parameter value of 0x00-0x7F where 0x40 is zero offset (middle). Less than 0x40 is negative offset. Greater than 0x40 is positive offset.

So this would be a MIDI pedal with the means to send SysEx in the format suitable for a Montage parameter change.

Each Part can have an offset - that's a different address. But I've got the notion that this isn't quite going to satisfy how you want a pedal to work.

The "easiest" to do this is to load up 8 values in each scene (as in scene buttons) and then using the Scene CC# - you can use CC instead of SysEx which may make the choices of MIDI pedals easier that can map expression pedal to CC output values.

I haven't tried setting the foot controller CC to match the Scene CC. Sometimes this sort of thing disables the overlapping CC and sometimes it doesn't.

Posted : 27/10/2020 4:47 am
Michael Trigoboff
Honorable Member
Topic starter

Thanks, Jason. I appreciate the information, but that’s a lot more complicated than what I was hoping to do.

I was trying to control the intensity of the Pedal Wah effect with a foot control. The AMPLITUDE knob was one way to do that.

But I figured out a simpler way. I set a foot control to control the Bottom parameter of the Pedal Wah effect. When the Bottom parameter Is up near the Top parameter, there’s no wah effect. When it’s significantly down below the top parameter, you get the wah effect.

This also works in a different way if you control the Top parameter instead of the Bottom.

I am controlling the wah pedal with Motion Control, which works better for me than using the Touch Wah effect.

Posted : 27/10/2020 9:46 pm
Jason
Illustrious Member

Another way is to put Wah as a Variation (system) effect and use the foot controller to modulate var send and possibly also dry level to get what you're after. You have to be careful not to get rid of a system effect that makes the performance "sound good" - since it's possible the existing variation effect it significant for your Performance as it is.

Posted : 28/10/2020 10:40 pm
Share:

© 2024 Yamaha Corporation of America and Yamaha Corporation. All rights reserved.    Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact Us