Synth Forum

Notifications
Clear all

Copy performance between Montage and ModX

6 Posts
4 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter

I have a Montage and a Modx, and sometimes need to transfer performances between the two keyboards. But seems that i can do only if i move all the user performances in a single block or in a single library, not only one or two.
There is one way to bypass this?
Thanks a lot...

Posted : 25/02/2022 10:16 pm
Bad Mister

Soundmondo. This application allows you to capture a single Performance on your iOS device or computer and transfer that Performance between synthesizers (MONTAGE/MODX)

Posted : 25/02/2022 11:18 pm
Member Admin

Bill is referring to this:

https://yamahasynth.com/learn/montage/what-is-montage-connect

It should work, as it's unlikely differences between the files exist...

...but

You might need to use MODX Connect for MODX:
https://usa.yamaha.com/products/music_production/synthesizers/modx/downloads.html

AND Montage Connect from here:
https://usa.yamaha.com/products/music_production/synthesizers/montage/downloads.html#product-tabs

And shuffle the files through them...

BTW BadMister:

search on this domain is currently broken (YamahaSynth.com) and there doesn't appear to be any easy way to find/get at things like software for The Synths from this domain, despite the name of the domain.

The Yamaha Way™

Posted : 26/02/2022 2:21 am
Bad Mister

@Bill
I know you are trying to be helpful - but to move single Performances between instruments you will need to use the Soundmondo App.

Posted : 26/02/2022 2:33 am
Jason
Illustrious Member

There is not a way to transfer a single Performance that contains custom user Waveforms, user curves, user arpeggios, etc except to clear all but one Performance in your user area save your user bank as an X7U or X8U depending on which direction you want to go. Or alternatively you can save your entire User bank as a Library and load the Library on the other keyboard then use Library import to move only the Performances you want to transfer over to the other keyboard's user area. And finally delete the library you transferred (since now the keepers are in your user bank). This method is "safer" because Library import will not alter the contents of your destination keyboard's User bank while loading a User file will erase the user bank.

Using Soundmondo is the way to go assuming your Performance(s) only reference factory content and not custom user content.

Posted : 26/02/2022 6:27 am
Topic starter

Thanks all... but i think to do like Jason says, because haven't one PC in studio and must transfer the job done in Montage (my home) to ModX in studio.
And i have only a Android tablet, so impossible to install Soundmondo app.

Posted : 26/02/2022 5:24 pm
Share:

© 2024 Yamaha Corporation of America and Yamaha Corporation. All rights reserved.    Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact Us