Clear all

copy users from montage to modx

2 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
 moti
Topic starter

Hi,
how do i copy all my users and presets from my montage to my modx?
best regards,
Moti

Posted : 31/03/2021 6:54 pm
Jason
Illustrious Member

Presets you don't copy. Presets are part of the firmware and cannot be copied, saved, deleted, created. The only operation you have available is a firmware update which may (or may not) add more presets.

User data you would save a user file (X7U) on your Montage to a USB flash drive. Then plug this USB flash drive into your MODX and load the X7U file. Note that this will overwrite anything in your MODX's User bank. Assuming you have nothing you want to keep on the MODX - this is a good way.

If you do have items you want to keep in the MODX's user bank (like you've created lots of User Performances on the MODX before deciding to copy your Montage content over) - then you could instead: 1) On Montage save a Library file. It helps to use filenames that are meaningful since these will end up being the Library's identifier (name). This will take your USER bank and create an X7L Library file and save it to a USB flash drive. 2) Plug the USB flash drive into your MODX and load the X7L library file. This will place what was once your Montage's User content into a MODX Library slot. You could leave it alone if you do not want to edit the former Montage content. However, you probably want to edit the material so ... 3) Perform a Library Import and select all Performances in the Library slot you created from the Montage content. This will copy all of the Performances that were once in your Montage's User area (now in MODX's Library area) into MODX's user area without overwriting existing data in the user area. This will "merge" your current MODX user area with your Montage-copied-user-data. 4) Last you can delete the Library on MODX that contains the Montage user area. Since you have copied (imported) to your user area - there is no need to have two copies.

It's many less steps if you have no data of consequence in the MODX user bank.

Also, any libraries you have installed on Montage you can install them on your MODX using the same process you used for Montage. Assuming you don't run out of resources on the MODX (which has less Waveform memory).

Posted : 31/03/2021 7:28 pm
Share:

© 2024 Yamaha Corporation of America and Yamaha Corporation. All rights reserved.    Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact Us