Clear all

Cubase sequencing ARPS on/off

5 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Lawrence
Trusted Member
Topic starter

When using the Performance Recorder, I can record turning ARPS on and off (using the PART CONTROL ARP ON/OFF) and it will play back properly.

However, when I use Cubase to record turning ARPS on and off, the gestures don’t play back.

I want to use Cubase for recording and playback.

What am I missing?

Posted : 24/06/2016 3:16 pm
Lawrence
Trusted Member
Topic starter

I figured it out and now have this working in Cubase.

The ARP MIDI out parameter needed to be turned ON.

Posted : 24/06/2016 5:02 pm
Bad Mister

Okay, I was just answering you... In general try the QUICK SETUP "Rec Arp on DAW" which does just that, and sets the arp before the MIDI Out and remember to turn off the individual Part's Arp On/Off to Off when playing back.

Posted : 24/06/2016 5:28 pm
Lawrence
Trusted Member
Topic starter

" . . . and remember to turn off the individual Part's Arp On/Off to Off when playing back".

Does moving away from and back to the performance, prior to playback, accomplish the same thing?

Posted : 24/06/2016 6:12 pm
Bad Mister

Does moving away from and back to the performance, prior to playback, accomplish the same thing?

Only if the Arps are not stored to the Performance. However, if the Arps are assigned and stored they only come ON again. So your mileage will vary. Moving away and back recalls the stored condition.

Posted : 24/06/2016 6:29 pm
Share:

© 2024 Yamaha Corporation of America and Yamaha Corporation. All rights reserved.    Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact Us