Synth Forum

Notifications
Clear all

Cubase/montage Audio connection

3 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter

I watched Part 3 on YouTube: Mastering Montage Cubase set up 3. I created a track but the sound is not coming from the PC back to the Montage. I am using headphones, and the sound is not coming out from Cubase. I went into quick set up on my montage and chose MIDI DAW recording. I followed the steps for audio in Cubase. Am I missing something? Where should I look to check my connections between my montage and Cubase?

Posted : 28/05/2019 1:30 am
Jason
Illustrious Member

How is your MIDI track in Cubase setup? Should be input as MONTAGE-1 (port 1) and output as MONTAGE-1 (port 1). I'm assuming you've inspected the track and see there is note data inside the track.

MIDI track should also have channel set to "Any" - which removes the burden of guessing which MIDI channel(s) to receive/transmit on from Cubase's perspective.

Posted : 28/05/2019 11:37 am
Bad Mister

I watched Part 3 on YouTube: Mastering Montage Cubase set up 3. I created a track but the sound is not coming from the PC back to the Montage. I am using headphones, and the sound is not coming out from Cubase. I went into quick set up on my montage and chose MIDI DAW recording. I followed the steps for audio in Cubase. Am I missing something? Where should I look to check my connections between my montage and Cubase?

For help with any computer related problem you should include what you have. We assume you have a MONTAGE... and we’ll assume you have a computer.

But since the setups and screens are slightly different for a Macintosh computer and a Windows computer, it is common to include which type of computer and what operating system you are using—particularly, when you are asking for assistance. If you are using Mac OS 9.75 or Windows 5, it would save anyone trying to help you a lot of grief trying to figure out why nothing you are doing is working. Hopefully you are running a Mac or Win PC with a more recent operating system.

So having the right Driver for your computer’s Operating System is the first place to start. And if you assume that anyone would assume that you have all the right stuff, you are wrong. In general, when you do have all the right stuff you are usually not on forums looking for help because nothing is working.

Let’s start with computer, computer operating system, appropriate version of the “Yamaha Steinberg USB Driver” for that computer operating system. Then we can move to which version of Cubase... Cubase AI, Cubase Pro, etc...

Once we have the basics setup and properly configured, we can determine what is and what is not working...
We need to know also that you understand all Audio will be coming from the MONTAGE as we are setting it up to be your Audio Interface.

MIDI Recording is a separate function from Audio Recording.

If you own a Windows PC you want to download and install “Yamaha Steinberg USB Driver version 1.10.4 for Windows 10/8.1/7”

LINK: MONTAGE Download Page

Posted : 28/05/2019 6:05 pm
Share:

© 2024 Yamaha Corporation of America and Yamaha Corporation. All rights reserved.    Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact Us