Notifications
Clear all

Custom Sample Waveform looping on Montage

5 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Eminent Member
Topic starter

I loaded a drum groove for one measure on my Yamaha Montage 61 (using USB flash drive) trying to find out if there is a way to keep looping a waveform sample over and over again with a possibility of momentary or latch option.

I’m able to accomplish this partially by playing the key (INIT DRUM) constantly on a tempo. I tried to assign to the lowest end of the C key. But I constantly need to be focused on playing loaded sample key on beat, otherwise I could miss the tempo. Unfortunately I also need to focus on a melody on my right hand playing with a different Part (Synth Lead).

Any suggestion or direction to accomplish this using ARP or some feature would he helpful. The sample waveform need not be a drum beat, it can also be an exported WAVE sequence from Cubase like a C major HARP riff running 5 octaves. It should loop in actual tempo of the imported sample, so I can play the melody on my right hand.

You get the idea what I’m trying to do.

Posted : 30/10/2019 6:35 am
Jason
Illustrious Member

Say you want to play the harp over and over. And the run lasts one measure. And it's a recorded sample (not a MIDI sequence). Then you could setup a drum key to play the entire sample (decay2=hold) and also setup the assign mode to single so - just in case the sample is slightly longer than one measure, the second trigger of the harp will stop the first trigger. This may not be as important for a harp - but may be desired in the general case.

Every measure you want something to press the drum key you assigned to the harp and "loop". For this, I would setup an ARP to press and release this note. Since you used drums - you can set these up as one shot and just start the sample while the drum key takes over.

You can find a simple ARP that plays one note per measure or you can record a simple MIDI file then convert this to a user ARP.

Setup the ARP to loop under the arpeggio properties and perhaps setup this ARP to be toggle (instead of gated) so you can press a key to start the harp's ARP and then press the same key to stop the harp's ARP.

Posted : 30/10/2019 6:48 am
Eminent Member
Topic starter

Thanks for the response Jason. Would you mind giving me some screenshots and the screens / parameters where to look at? Step by Step process?

Also how to look for simple ARP or to record simple MIDI file?

Posted : 30/10/2019 6:58 am
Jason
Illustrious Member

https://www.yamahasynth.com/montage-category/arpeggio-making-101-montage
https://hub.yamaha.com/mastering-montage-arpeggio-making-101-part-ii/
https://www.yamahasynth.com/montage-category/the-4-track-arpeggio-montage

The user arp you need is very simple. A single note and the amount of rest to make the loop match the length of the sample.

You can look for an ARP - but it probably takes longer to find what you want than to create your own (once you go through the process once or twice - it gets faster).

Posted : 30/10/2019 7:18 am
Eminent Member
Topic starter

Thanks. Let me look into it!

Posted : 30/10/2019 3:26 pm
Share:

© 2024 Yamaha Corporation of America and Yamaha Corporation. All rights reserved.    Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact Us