Synth Forum

Notifications
Clear all

Dead Battery?

2 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter

I have a dead battery I think. Nothing gets saved. I now have to load library and user file every time I power up. It's only 3 mos old. do I need to take it for warranty service? Montage 6. Can anyone tell how old this is with the serial no. ? It's a "B" stock purchase but with a full warranty supossedly. It came with ver 2.50 maybe it sat on display for a few years.

Posted : 13/12/2020 10:15 pm
Bad Mister

Unlikely it is a dead battery. There are several things to check before we assume a problem.

Particularly, there is a setting that would initialize your instrument each time it was powered on (this is used only on demo units, or units used at trade shows — you’ll want to make sure this is set to OFF)

Press [UTILITY] > “Settings” > “Advanced”

“Init On Boot” (Initialize User Data on Boot-up)
Determines whether the User Data is initialized (On) or not (Off) when the power of the instrument is turned on.
Settings: Off, On

Make sure this is set to OFF.

You can determine to a great degree to what screen and Performance your instrument powers up. Let us know.

Posted : 13/12/2020 10:59 pm
Share:

© 2024 Yamaha Corporation of America and Yamaha Corporation. All rights reserved.    Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact Us