Notifications
Clear all

DELETE / LOAD PERFROMANCES

5 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
 Lars
Topic starter

Hi, Is there a way to hear the performance before i Delete (or load them) in Data utility mode??
If not i think that would be a thing Yamaha needs to work on, when we are dealing with so many performances.

Thanks

Lars

Posted : 14/10/2016 7:49 pm
Bad Mister

Hi, Is there a way to hear the performance before i Delete (or load them) in Data utility mode??
If not i think that would be a thing Yamaha needs to work on, when we are dealing with so many performances.

Yes, there is.
It is assumed you would be playing the Performance before you attempt to DELETE it. So before you go to DATA UTILITY, you would be hearing the PERFORMANCE you are going to DELETE.

Press [CATEGORY SEARCH]
Set the BANK = USER
The listings will now be only the current internal USER BANK Performances.
Play the PERFORMANCES by selecting them. If you find one you would like to DELETE proceed to the DATA UTILITY function.
Logical progression.

You are not expected to go to DATA UTILITY first. It is assumed, that you are playing PERFORMANCES, and then decide, this is one I do not want to have in this USER BANK, then go to UTILITY and DELETE it. Give it a try with this methodology and then let us know. I'm sure engineering would ask "why you are doing this backwards?"

Additionally, to your question: You cannot "load them in" with the DATA UTILITY - so that part of your statement is faulty

Posted : 14/10/2016 9:44 pm
 Lars
Topic starter

Ok thanks fo he reply..
I Think it would be a a great idea for us to hear witch performance we are about to delete.
I just think it will be a time killer to go to performance, play, go back to utillity and the delete etc....when the goal is to get rid of the many sounds I dont want,that doesnt seems logic in my head, but thats my head...
If we could hear the performance in utillity mode it would be easier to delete / or load multiple select.
But maybe thats a job for a computer editor, but it would be nice to have,i thinks.

Thanks anyway.

Posted : 15/10/2016 4:37 am
Jeroen
Eminent Member

Hi there,

I don't understand the workflow from BM.

If you find one you would like to DELETE proceed to the DATA UTILITY function.

What is the easiest way to proceed to the DATA UTILITY function and DELETE that particular Performance?

Do I have to search for that particular Performance that I am hearing again?
or
Is there a shortcut to directly DELETE that particular Performance?

Thanks in advance!

Posted : 16/10/2016 10:08 am
Bad Mister

Workflow: Play through the sounds in your USER Performance Bank.
You can do so as follows: from the [PERFORMANCE (Home)] screen
Press [CATEGORY SEARCH]
Set the BANK = USER
Set the MAIN = ALL
On the bottom select Sort = "Default". This allows you to increment through your User Bank Performances.
Highlight the first Performance listed. That sound is USER 001. You can either play them while viewing this listing, or you can return to the HOME screen and increment through them.

You can now advance through the User Bank by pressing the [INC/YES] button.
Eventually, you come upon a Performance you decide you want to Delete.
You will find it listed in the DATA UTILITY, specifically in the PERFORMANCE folder (it contains only your current User Bank Performances)
Again you will find a way to Sort the data, find it , mark it and DELETE it.

You can select several at once using the "Job" feature. So you could create a list of Performances you want to Delete and execute them all at once or one-by-one, as you prefer.

Posted : 16/10/2016 5:15 pm
Share:

© 2024 Yamaha Corporation of America and Yamaha Corporation. All rights reserved.    Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact Us